Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ploi - Deploy tool feedback wanted - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ploi - Deploy tool feedback wanted

124»

Comments

• May I know what the different is between these things (runcloud,Ploi ) and Cpanel or Cyberpanel?

• @aaronstuder said:

@Cannonb4lls said:
    Still looking for improvement, any tips on design are more than welcome! :)

Can you add support for MariaDB?

Yes! Just started on it, will release today 🚀

@Creling said:
    May I know what the different is between these things (runcloud,Ploi ) and Cpanel or Cyberpanel?

Ploi is a hosted management tool where Cpanel or Cyberpanel is a self hosted one. The advantages of the former are among others: quicker updates/update cycles, there is no need to update it yourself. Manage multiple servers in 1 panel. Ploi takes care of everything you basically need from A to Z. Security may or may not be better dealt with. If Ploi get breached your servers are not necessarily accessed.

• Cannonb4lls said: Ploi is a hosted management tool where Cpanel or Cyberpanel is a self hosted one. The advantages of the former are among others: quicker updates/update cycles, there is no need to update it yourself. Manage multiple servers in 1 panel. Ploi takes care of everything you basically need from A to Z. Security may or may not be better dealt with. If Ploi get breached your servers are not necessarily accessed.

get it ,thank you`

• @aaronstuder said:

@Cannonb4lls said:
    Still looking for improvement, any tips on design are more than welcome! :)

Can you add support for MariaDB?

Support has been added!

@Creling said:

Cannonb4lls said: Ploi is a hosted management tool where Cpanel or Cyberpanel is a self hosted one. The advantages of the former are among others: quicker updates/update cycles, there is no need to update it yourself. Manage multiple servers in 1 panel. Ploi takes care of everything you basically need from A to Z. Security may or may not be better dealt with. If Ploi get breached your servers are not necessarily accessed.

get it ,thank you`

No problem! :smile:

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2018

I know that I’m a bit late, but $25/mo to manage more than 10 servers is a bit steep.

@Cannonb4lls I’m assuming that your target market isn’t low-end?

• Cannonb4lls said: If Ploi get breached your servers are not necessarily accessed.

I wonder if you can set it to use ssh agent forwarding, so the ploi server wouldn't have any of the user's secret ssh credentials. The user would bring up a local agent and forward it to the ploi server only when they wanted ploi to actually do something. Obviously that wouldn't be so great for cron jobs but it could be helpful for other routine installs etc.

• @doghouch said:
    I know that I’m a bit late, but $25/mo to manage more than 10 servers is a bit steep.

Cpanel is $20 a month per server, and Ploi is way more usefull then Cpanel is.

• Cannonb4llsCannonb4lls Member
    edited September 2018

doghouch said:

You mean that 25$ is too pricy? I have had a lot of people telling me it is way to cheap actually. We are trying to make a quality product and in my opinion; good tools should be paid for.

@willie said:

Cannonb4lls said: If Ploi get breached your servers are not necessarily accessed.

I wonder if you can set it to use ssh agent forwarding, so the ploi server wouldn't have any of the user's secret ssh credentials. The user would bring up a local agent and forward it to the ploi server only when they wanted ploi to actually do something. Obviously that wouldn't be so great for cron jobs but it could be helpful for other routine installs etc.

Sounds interesting, I will make a note of this and see if we can process this somehow.

• Which webserver is pre-installed for the user?

• @Siemen said:
    Which webserver is pre-installed for the user?

Currently NGINX is installed, we are working on support for Apache so you'd be able to choose whenever you install your server.

Past week we've added support for mariadb so you can select this when you are installing your server.

• I am looking for people that want to help translate our UI into their own language :)

https://github.com/ploi-deploy/ploi-translations

• It's actually been a while, lots of updates have been processed, had a lot of nice feedback from users (as well as from users from this platform)

Would still love to hear some feedback from here :smile: 🚀

• Signing up now :)

• @aaronstuder said:
    Signing up now :)

Let me know what your experiences are and if you have any feedback more than welcome 🤟

• no ioncube loader install option?

• @serampangan said:
    no ioncube loader install option?

How do you mean?

Thanked by 1jrojasg
  • Its been a long while actually, but we've come a long way still 🔥 A lot of new features have been added and improved, especially load balancing which came available last week:

https://ploi.io/news/introducing-load-balancing