Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of hiring someone to harden my server. But...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thinking of hiring someone to harden my server. But...

dnwkdnwk Member
edited October 2013 in Help

Thinking of hiring someone to harden my server. But where I can find people/company that I can trust. Since you will need to give them root access to your server, it won't be difficult for that person to hide something on my server, if they have ill-will. So where I can find trusted on to do that task?

Hardening: Asterisk & A2billing

Comments

• Steven at Rack911 always comes highly recommended although we tried to hire him a while ago and he simply never responded.

• Someone who already has that access like the hosting company ?

• Depends on your budget. I've heard really good thing about Rack911. What type of hardening were you looking for?

• how much your budget? There are psm and assistanz for low budget and rack911 if you have more budget :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What's your setup on the server in question? I'd rather give you advice than let you pay for that.

• Updated: Asterisk & A2billing on CentOS

Ah sucks I don't know a thing about asterisk. Otherwise would've been happy to do basic hardening. I enjoy it for some reason :P

• @jarland said:
    Ah sucks I don't know a thing about asterisk. Otherwise would've been happy to do basic hardening. I enjoy it for some reason :P

em.... really? Just like me, but in some different aspect. I enjoy moving my files & programs to a different server once in a while.

Someone has to enjoy the little things right? Haha

• You can get a temporary VPS and set it up with the exact same apps you have on your actual server.

Hire someone to harden the security on the temp VPS, documenting all the steps he went through for this.

Then, you review the process/doco, and do it yourself on your server.

I'm available to help you out with this. Problem is - what's your budget?
    how much are you willing to spend in hardening your asterisk server?

John

• @john_k said:
    You can get a temporary VPS and set it up with the exact same apps you have on your actual server.

Hire someone to harden the security on the temp VPS, documenting all the steps he went through for this.

Then, you review the process/doco, and do it yourself on your server.

I'm available to help you out with this. Problem is - what's your budget?
    how much are you willing to spend in hardening your asterisk server?

John

Just give me a quote.