Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedi around 20 to 25 USD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedi around 20 to 25 USD

gksgks Member
edited July 2018 in Requests

I am looking for dedi, for a Big Data and Machine Learning Master thesis research project work.

1. At least 8 core machine (16 vcore)
  2. RAM 32 GB HDD DDR 3
  3. HD 1 TB x 2
  4. Network: 100 Mbps good

Willing to lower the spec, for better pricing on HD..

Network speed is not a concern, a decent bandwidth for one person usage good, since I will be only student to use it.

I saw Hetzner Auction + with their cloud offering, seems good, but I would like to check in LET and LEB for better offers.

Primary Usage: Running Apache Spark, Kafka, Databases like Mongo, Cassandra, Redis

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Check out: https://metadedi.pw/

If you need 32gig, Hetzner is your cheapest option.

Thanked by 2gks feezioxiii
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

Price is unrealistic for specs you mention. Hetzner auction is extremely hard to beat. You can get a nice 4-core (10k passmark) 16GB machine there for around 25 USD, or 32GB for a little more. If you need 8 cores, get two of the 4-core servers and split your workload somehow. If you're doing something with machine learning, you want a GPU and that will cost a lot more.

Thanked by 2Clouvider gks
  • gksgks Member

Thanks @willie. GPU is not needed now. I will try to settle for 4 core for few months due to budget constrain..

• szarkaszarka Member

Yeah, I agree that Hetzner's auction is probably the best option, especially if you can get by with 4 cores.

You may want to talk to @AlexBarakov, though. I will say that reachability wasn't quite what I wanted at alphavps, but it should be just fine for your application.

Maybe also think about AWS or similar, if you don't really need to run 24/7?

Thanked by 1gks
  • gksgks Member

Thanks szarka. Messaged @AlexBarakov

• i7 cores are actually faster than some more but crappy cores. Like a dual L5630 8 cores is no faster than an i7-3770. Hetzner SB seems to be the best shot for your requirement.

• Maybe @Dacentec could be an option for you. I don't think your use case would quite fit their smallest budget servers, but if you e-mail their sales ( or if their rep maybe comes here) , maybe they will have a deal that would work for you.

Just have the right expectations going in, the quality of the network is in the B+/A- Range for international bandwidth but I think this is what you should expect for their low price point on their servers (a little trade-off).

Other than that, I think others have already mentioned the primary go-to providers that fit for the class of product you are wanting.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1gks
  • huntercophuntercop Member
    edited July 2018

I have been using $Dacentec for over 2 years now, nothing but great service. I have a 16gb, 2TB HD deal for $275 recurring billing.

• gksgks Member

@huntercop said:
    I have been using $Dacentec for over 2 years now, nothing but great service. I have a 16gb, 2TB HD deal for $275 recurring billing.

Is that yearly billing I suppose?

• huntercophuntercop Member
    edited July 2018

@gks said:

@huntercop said:

Is that yearly billing I suppose?

Yes, I noticed every host is willing to do discounts with yearly billing. They just offered it on their site with limited stock and I jumped at it. It does come back every now and then.