Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering switching from SYS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Considering switching from SYS

I finally joined after just lurking around, but hey I'm here now, but I need advice..

I'm thinking of leaving so you start, just simply because I have found a wall in front of me, don't get me wrong the service I have had has been good, I've been with them a year running a AMD, 32GB, 2x3TB with additional /29 block for £32pcm.

But I've come to the point now where my over powered cpanel server (current use) is enough and I want to install a HVM I've been using XCP-ng for my homelab and think its great but SYS don't offer this in their install images and I don't feel like paying for the KVM especially when I'm trying to cut down my costs.

They only provide Solus, Xen (Same as XCP but not open source, limits features), ESXi, or Proxmox none of which I have used apart from Proxmox and I didn't think it was that great.

Whats your suggestions?

Comments

• i may be wrong but i think i read earlier this week that SYS is planning on reducing / eliminating KVM costs.

• leinadleinad Member

Ohh, if they eliminated it would keep me around as I wouldn't run into these walls!

• @krenken said:
    i may be wrong but i think i read earlier this week that SYS is planning on reducing / eliminating KVM costs.

I think they said it's their long-term plan. I wouldn't count on it until the end of 2019 at the soonest.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Plenty manuals how to install XEN HVM on OVH server without KVM, it’s not difficult.