Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End of MediaTemple
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• Saw that one -- I see it as positive for LEB providers - when I see large companies scoop up these good brands(mt), I see that as an opportunity to get into that game, as I am sure many people are not excited when their favorite service becomes a google/yahoo/aol/godaddy property.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

AOL?

• @dano said:
    Saw that one -- I see it as positive for LEB providers - when I see large companies scoop up these good brands(mt), I see that as an opportunity to get into that game, as I am sure many people are not excited when their favorite service becomes a google/yahoo/aol/godaddy property.

Yup.

Comments show exactly this:
    http://weblog.mediatemple.net/2013/10/15/momentous-news-godaddy-mt-media-temple/

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well I'll say this. Sometimes being bought out actually doesn't mean your service quality has to drop. Maybe they'll do alright.

• Oh noes! Just got that mail. As a customer of Media Temple I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy, but if it goes like they promise, the quality of the service will just get better and not worse. We'll see.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Can't say I expected this. One thing is for sure, props to MT for building such a large operation that it attracted GoDaddy's attention.

• Tenshi_420Tenshi_420 Member
    edited October 2013

M.T. for small sites are horrible.
    They suck!
    I had them sucks, unless your dishing out $500, $1,000

Maybe they might of changed.
    Service is reliable (uptime) but very bloated & laggy.

For big companies they seem to be doing more okay
    So unless you live in Cali or you own Starbucks, this company is pathetic. (I had the $20, $50 and $100 plans...worse service ever.

Oh they locked my account when I canceled and couldn't get one of my website name and I ended up losing my domain which is now being sold for $5, 000+.

[I had 2 domains I lost one, its rare moments in time]

I do like their panel and customer support and help area.

Pathetic high priced fake vps/fake dedis for a redneck company like godaddy.
    They deserve each other.

• RIP in pieces (mt)

• @Tenshi_420 I host multiple small websites on their grid, and it has been solid like over a half year now. I don't know when you were using them, but I guess they've got better after that.

• @drazilox said:
    Tenshi_420 I host multiple small websites on their grid, and it has been solid like over a half year now. I don't know when you were using them, but I guess they've got better after that.

I had them between 2008 or 2009 to 2010~11?
    I always had 'lag' issue, also I didn't like the PLESK at the time.
    They made it seem like a VPS type server, but never got much power for it.
    Was running website/gaming out of it, but that was ages ago.

I dislike godaddy, i'm shocked they purchased MT.

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited October 2013

I used MT Grid for almost 2 years ( 2007 to 2009) , it was good. But main limitations I faced that time were

1) Does not support Quota for emails.

2) Can assign only single dedicated IP for whole grid account, that means we were able to host only 1 website with SSL and all other websites under the same Grid account was shifted to that IP.

3) No option to add alias for domains ( option available was to add alias domain as separate domain and point to the real domain via rewrite rule or php scripts)

4) No option to set bandwidth limit for separate domains etc.

May be they have improved it later..