Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

May I ask where VPS can send mail?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

May I ask where VPS can send mail?

MurphyMurphy Member

May I ask where VPS can send mail.

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Not 100% sure but I guess: Yes, you can ask. In fact, you just did it.

HTH

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ehabehab Member
    edited July 2018

you mean electronic mail ?

• MurphyMurphy Member

@ehab said:
    you mean electronic mail ?
    You're really funny

• MurphyMurphy Member

Which company's VPS can run PMTA?

• ehabehab Member
    edited July 2018

-

• vovlervovler Member

I will make a wild assumption. If you are asking this question you are probably not familiar with VPSes in any way, therefore you should not be running one in production.

Go with a service like MXroute.com and move on.

• You guys suck just suck because you didn't attempt to help the (op) others but make fun of others.

@Murphy

Please read on MTA ( Mail Transport Agent) https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-lpic1-108-3/index.html

I personally prefer Postfix

Just Learn and use google to find your way around, nobody knows everything and don't mind these guys.

Kind Regards

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In before OP posts another topic that his VPS was suspended.

Thanked by 2vovler szarka
  • anddyanddy Member

if your vps ip is not include in here:https://www.dnsbl.info/dnsbl-database-check.php
    it could be used to send mail。
    take attention:don't use it to send junk mail!

• If you're not sure about if a VPS can run an email server, maybe it's not a good idea to run one after all?

Thanked by 2szarka simonindia
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Murphy said:
    Which company's VPS can run PMTA?

Try Amazon SES as they can run your email marketing emails.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

• hzrhzr Member

@deank reusing same meme in more than one thread, infringement

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2018

@hzr said:
    @deank reusing same meme in more than one thread, infringement

lol!

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited July 2018

Take a bath with a plugged in electronic device because spam is just as bad as child molesters, rapists and murderers

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Murphy please tell us what are you doing with the bulk email?

• @netomx said:
    @Murphy please tell us what are you doing with the bulk email?

Sending emails to TacoHosting. Imagine hundreds of roving taco trucks getting mail daily. Running servers as they serve the public Tacos!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

AuroraZ said: Sending emails eTacos to TacoHosting.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • No providers want a SBL on a /24 or /22 for $7/mo?

• emgemg Veteran

VPS stands for "virtual private server." A VPS is like having your own personal server on the internet. It can do many things, including hosting websites and serving email. You are asking about email.

It takes a lot of skill, practice, and knowledge to setup and manage a VPS. Setting up an email server is not easy to do. You must know a lot about servers and how to keep them secure from hackers. You must also learn how to backup your server (so your email users do not lose their email messages).

In theory, a VPS can send email anywhere on the internet. In practice, many email services block email that comes from small VPSs, because they are the source of so much spam. It is challenging to keep reliable email going from a VPS. What worked one day will break the next. Many VPS owners rely on a separate email service provider for that reason.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • You can set up a web server to send emails at best. If you want to do faxes, that requires more complex setup beyond just a VPS.

• LeviLevi Member

Just send it to /dev/null

• HaBangNetHaBangNet Member, Host Rep

It will be better for you to ask that provider you intend to use. as different provider got different policy on the vps. some directly block smtp port