Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free hardware servers Pay just shipping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free hardware servers Pay just shipping

yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

Hi

We’re offering Our Los Angeles Complete Half Rack Hardware as bellow : 4 of : 2U supermicro Four node Server X7DCT 16 nodes

TOTAL Each Node: 2x intel Xeon L5420 Quad core 16GB RAM IPMI AOC-SIMSO+ 2x Power Supply Rail kit Network Cable

Free Switch PDU

Located at : Psychz LAX

Payment : use your own shipping company

Price : $0 USD

Comments

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited July 2018

Quick question: Any clue how heavy it is? Then again, the processor is ancient, so I'm probably not taking it.

• imokimok Member

what? free? I don't know what to say.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Expect 100 bucks for crap shipping with 66.6% of being broken upon arrival.

Or pay around 400 bucks for proper freight shipping at which point you wonder why you bought it at all.

• bapbap Member

It is not free, it is $0..

• Why are you giving servers for free?

• ill bite... pmed

• i live one driving time from LAX

• ChuckChuck Member

@Janevski said:
    Why are you giving servers for free?

Because the seller doesn't want to pay California Electronic Waste Recycling Fee.

http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/env-recycle-fee

• Just amazing to know how same thing being treated in different ways on different country.

In my country, I usually sell my e-waste (broken monitors, motherboards, etc) instead.

• pikepike Veteran

@r00t4bl3 said:
    Just amazing to know how same thing being treated in different ways on different country.

In my country, I usually sell my e-waste (broken monitors, motherboards, etc) instead.

How is that different from what the OP does?

• Hi yghost,

I'm interested in taking the servers if you still have them, can you please PM me your email so I can contact you directly?

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

Working with a guy that could move them to hi Rack, still waiting to see when he will or will go next guy like you

@PowerNode said:
    Hi yghost,

I'm interested in taking the servers if you still have them, can you please PM me your email so I can contact you directly?

• Okay, no worries. Let me know.

• pike said: How is that different from what the OP does?

Well, instead of paying for e-waste recycle service, I'm being paid.

• saibalsaibal Member

Isn't the California E-Waste recycle fee paid when the servers are bought new? Then the original owners must have already paid the fee.

@saibal said:
    Isn't the California E-Waste recycle fee paid when the servers are bought new? Then the original owners must have already paid the fee.

Thanks for your reply but if we want to dispose the servers in the garbage it's free in our case

thanks

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

still here?

@netomx said:
    still here?

we sent them to garbage but i can ask if you want to local pickup

Thanked by 1netomx