Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Nice Directory Listing Script
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Nice Directory Listing Script

Looking for a good director listing script, currently use an older version of Evoluted. My issue is ad rev has highly decreased to the point it barely pays for the server. It really needs a redesign as its very basic.

Ideally I'd like something where they click the file and see an AD wait a few seconds and be able to click download. (sort of like a file hosting script would) Just don't need the extra features. (But not required)

Would hope it wouldn't mess with old link structure but I could work around that if its worth it.
(current link structure is like /fileshere/modelhere/fkje.zip as an example. But sadly its so low end I link to the /fileshere/modelhere/ as linking to the file would make it a direct download (hotlinking is a big problem as well)

Thanks!

Comments

• h5ai is pretty neat.

No idea what your requirements actually are. But this can do pretty indexes and thumbs i think.

Thanked by 2ehab irm
  • vmp32kvmp32k Member
    edited July 2018

I wrote a static page (index) generator a while back but since it's all static html files -> no support for interstitial ads.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member

I am using fancyindex + theme.

Thanked by 2HuntersPad JohnRoe
  • pincpinc Member

@karatekidmonkey said:
    I am using fancyindex + theme.

+1 for that one. no dependencies and looks really nice.

• Thats not a directory listing script. Thats a file hosting script. I already use for another site, which I thought about replacing with yetishare but theres no way to remove premium download option.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

What is your intended purpose? As in what kind of content and directory do you want to start? And what are your server specs, do they correspond with the amount of visitors and the scripts?

• @Raymii said:
    What is your intended purpose? As in what kind of content and directory do you want to start? And what are your server specs, do they correspond with the amount of visitors and the scripts?

I've already been running it for about 5 years but it needs a change of layout along with maybe hotlinking features if thats possible.

Somehow my stats got reset today oddly. But this is so far today Unique Vistors - 2,126 1.1TB of BW.

Right now its a AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T and load never goes above 4%. But of course if needed I would go back to a Soyoustart server for the right idea.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@HuntersPad said:
    I've already been running it for about 5 years but it needs a change of layout along with maybe hotlinking features if thats possible.

If that's all you need, it might be better to update the scripts yourself.

Right now its a AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T and load never goes above 4%. But of course if needed I would go back to a Soyoustart server for the right idea.

I think an (ssd) VPS would do just fine, and maybe save you some money per month. Why did you choose a dedi over a vps?

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2018

@Raymii said:

@HuntersPad said:

If that's all you need, it might be better to update the scripts yourself.

I think an (ssd) VPS would do just fine, and maybe save you some money per month. Why did you choose a dedi over a vps?

It would cost a small fortune to get a VPS with an SSD for 1TB of total storage, or even be able to find a VPS with 1TB of storage and at LEAST 50TB of bandwidth per month.

Its more of needing a redesign of my script thats needed along with some hotlinking help (Script I use has no hotlink protection)

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited July 2018

HuntersPad said: Its more of needing a redesign of my script thats needed along with some hotlinking help (Script I use has no hotlink protection)

setup site behind Cloudflare and use Cloudflare workers to do hot linking protection on Cloudflare Edge nodes ? or natively via Cloudflare https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170026-What-does-enabling-Cloudflare-Hotlink-Protection-do-

for Cloudflare workers https://developers.cloudflare.com/workers/recipes/hotlink-protection/

• For secure links look into nginx secure link module and some lua
    https://github.com/C0nw0nk/Nginx-Lua-Secure-Link-Anti-Hotlinking

worked great for me with some edits.