Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for MSP Backup Software – Alternatives to Ahsay.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for MSP Backup Software – Alternatives to Ahsay.com

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good backup software that allows a managed service provider to sell a remote desktop backup service?

To be more specific, something similar to ahsay.com where a service provider can run its own backup servers with its own brand.

Thanks!

Comments

• proxieproxie Member
    edited July 2018

You've got MSP backup software in your title, is this the software you use now?

Personally I would stay away from ahsay if you want to bw ablw to do fast restores, I've had nothing but issues with them and in some cases unable to restore anything.

I'm currently trialling MSP and it's looking positive so far.

Can you give me a bit of background on how you are going to use the software, are you going to install it and on your clients servers and manage the ackuoa yourself or sell it to third parties and have them set there own up but you provide the services/resources?

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited July 2018

@proxie said:
    You've got MSP backup software in your title, is this the software you use now?

With MSP I mean Managed Service Provider. Was not referring to any specific software. I search now MSP backup on gogle and first result was solarwindsmsp.com. Is that you are testing and referring to?

Personally I would stay away from ahsay if you want to bw ablw to do fast restores, I've had nothing but issues with them and in some cases unable to restore anything.

I tyied Ahsay in the past and it seems to have some bugs and not very stable. Also I don't the Windows client be Java based, since Java has recurring security issues.

I'm currently trialling MSP and it's looking positive so far.

What specific software are you using? And can you share your use case?

Can you give me a bit of background on how you are going to use the software, are you going to install it and on your clients servers and manage the ackuoa yourself or sell it to third parties and have them set there own up but you provide the services/resources?

My plan is to provide offsite backup services to some of my current clients that are SMB's. So the idea is to have a offsite backup on my own server on my own datacenter of all their office desktops and servers that are all windows based.

Can you share any advice?