Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway Object Storage is back
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway Object Storage is back

realbusinessrealbusiness Member
edited July 2018 in Providers

Scaleway Object Storage looks to be coming back as announced.

https://www.scaleway.com/object-storage/

Thanked by 1WebDude

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

Wow! I just posted about this the other day, thought it was basically abandoned or on ice forever. Though I see the page says "get early access" which is about where it was 3 years ago. Trying to add a bucket gets "oops, internal error". Heh.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • NihimNihim Member

is the pricing mentioned somewhere?

• AidanAidan Member

Nihim said: is the pricing mentioned somewhere?

Not yet.

• RaymiiRaymii Member

I do hope they support OpenStack swift as a compatible API. Or at least s3 compatible. That would save my costs on Azure object storage, and be closer by than the US.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@Aidan said:

Nihim said: is the pricing mentioned somewhere?

Not yet.

Maybe it will be something like €1 for every 50GB. On Scaleway site it's said that "Volumes are billed €1/month per additional 50 GB of SSD."

• lbftlbft Member

default said: On Scaleway site it's said that "Volumes are billed €1/month per additional 50 GB of SSD."

That's for the storage on Scaleway servers.

• Hi, the public preview has just been released, you can discover the prices ;)

• donlidonli Member
    edited October 2018

@revers said:
    Hi, the public preview has just been released, you can discover the prices ;)

For the lazy:

Take Off Pack

First 500 GB of storage
    First 500 GB of outgoing transfer
    €5/month

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cruise Speed Price

€0.01/month
    Extra GB of storage.

€0.02/month
    Extra GB of outgoing transfer.

Thanked by 2netomx vimalware
  • RodneyRodney Member
    edited October 2018

Mh, not a fan of those outgoing transfer prices... I wonder if transfer to a VM inside their network counts?

Right now OVH would be cheaper, with 0.01€/GB transfer and storage. Though I haven't tested it and they don't have S3 compatability as far as I am aware.

Edit: just saw that they mention

Internal transfers are totally free.

On their site. That wasn't mentioned in the blog post.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Rodney said: Internal transfers are totally free.

Thanks for this, I'll have to check it. If it's true then the product is interesting. Otherwise the .02e/GB is lolworthy.

• Wait so.. you can get a 2€ Scaleway VPS and set Nextcloud external storage to use S3 (since this appears to be S3 compliant) and infinitely scale your storage for 10€/TB? :open_mouth:

Sounds cool, but I'm not going to bother with online.net/scaleway anymore, at least for a while. Imagine uploading 100TB and then they raise prices by 75%. :open_mouth:

• gol3m said: Imagine uploading 100TB and then they raise prices by 75%. :open_mouth:

Lol, good point. Scaleway was interesting for a while as a cheap source of hourly cpu, which suggested putting data on SIS for the Scaleway cpus to process in parallel. But Scaleway isn't that attractive any more, compared to alternatives.