Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Req][Dedicated] 50-100TB BW (Europe)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Req][Dedicated] 50-100TB BW (Europe)

HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
edited July 2018 in Requests

Need something in Europe, preferably France

Specs needed:
At least 2TB HDD
8GB Ram
250mbps (at least port speed)
CPU: Just not ATOM. Current have a AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor and its been good just really want to move back to Europe.

Price Hoping to stick around $30 or euro equivalent. Not looking for premium bandwidth by any means but need something reliable.

My BW requirement is only there just in case. My site no longer has the traffic is used to get but I'd like to have that security. For some reason seems my traffic/usage decreased after moving it to the US server (coincidence? lol) I thought about moving back to SoYouStart but pricing is a little higher than it was last year.

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

If it's a website, surely CloudFlare could reduce bandwidth by a bit unless it's mostly hosted video.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • I thought about trying out one provider again. But I can’t risk having anything lower than 200/250mbps

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited July 2018

@MikeA said:
    If it's a website, surely CloudFlare could reduce bandwidth by a bit unless it's mostly hosted video.

It’s files roughly 1-2TB in size about 800GB in total.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

I guess WorldStream has this https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/premium/order/Fujitsu_PRIMERGY_RX1330_M3_Intel_Xeon_E3_1225v6_3_30GHz

It's 50TB and if you swap the 500GB drive for 2TB it totals to 34€ per month with a 6 month prepayment or 29.80€ for 12 months.

Edit: Just got told it was a 100mbit port, 1Gbit is 10€ extra :( Sorry Should still be pretty close to your budget though.

• It’s bascially only a file repository. Minimum usage other than just BW if that’s helpful.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I would drop the "no Atom" requirement.
    Get a START-2-M-SATA from Online

• I would suggest having a look at Terrahosts i5 servers as they provide 55TB bandwidth per month and the price is very affordable as of now:
    https://terrahost.no/handlekurv/1619

• How does a E3-1225 with SYS sound. The server has been idle the last 5 months and coincidentally expires today. It is in France and you can have it for the renewal cost which is £27.99 plus VAT, no set up.

The specs are 2x2TB HDD, 16GB RAM.

I want nothing from this, just transfer it to your SYS and take control. I can renew it if you want it but that will need to be reimbursed after transfer.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • @HostDoc said:
    How does a E3-1225 with SYS sound. The server has been idle the last 5 months and coincidentally expires today. It is in France and you can have it for the renewal cost which is £27.99 plus VAT, no set up.

The specs are 2x2TB HDD, 16GB RAM.

I want nothing from this, just transfer it to your SYS and take control. I can renew it if you want it but that will need to be reimbursed after transfer.

Thanks!!!
    Is it possible to be transferred to a France SYS account or would I need a UK SYS account?

• I don't know, let me double check and I will get back to you.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • Sorry for delay getting back to you.

Just did a quick look up it seems as both accounts are in Europe, the transfer should be possible. However, it will be a lengthy process where documentation will need to be provided to SYS. http://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/procedure/procedureChangeOwner.cgi (please correct me if I am wrong).

So, the server is available, it expires today, transfer will take nothing less than a week however, I have no idea how long it actually takes.

How would you like to proceed?

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

Servers have to be in the same subsidiary. UK<>UK yes, UK<>anywhere else no.
    The form @HostDoc linked is for domains only.

You need to consult this with SYS support, there's no automatic form.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @HostDoc said:
    Sorry for delay getting back to you.

Just did a quick look up it seems as both accounts are in Europe, the transfer should be possible. However, it will be a lengthy process where documentation will need to be provided to SYS. http://www.ovh.co.uk/cgi-bin/procedure/procedureChangeOwner.cgi (please correct me if I am wrong).

So, the server is available, it expires today, transfer will take nothing less than a week however, I have no idea how long it actually takes.

Darn. Thanks for the offer though! I’ll pass

• @HuntersPad said:

@HostDoc said:
    Sorry for delay getting back to you.

Darn. Thanks for the offer though! I’ll pass

It's not a problem. Best of luck.

• Instead of creating a new thread on the same request thought I'd bump this, Still looking to move back to Europe for around 30 euros/$35

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

https://novadedi.net/, Hetzner obviously.

edited October 2018

@Neoon said:

"In this special case we will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 30 TB/month are used" What speed would that be?

• ask them

• @HuntersPad said:

@Neoon said:

"In this special case we will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 30 TB/month are used" What speed would that be?

This info is out od date. Hetzner offer now unmettered1gbps
    Hetzner.com/sb
    You can get good server for 22 euro.

• @dodheimsgard said:

@HuntersPad said:

@Neoon said:

This info is out od date. Hetzner offer now unmettered1gbps
    Hetzner.com/sb
    You can get good server for 22 euro.

Seems like after 30TB its slowed to 10mbps. Which is a NO go.

Might end up giving OneProvider/Online.net a go again its been about 3 years.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@HuntersPad said:

Seems like after 30TB its slowed to 10mbps. Which is a NO go.

Might end up giving OneProvider/Online.net a go again its been about 3 years.

No, it's unlimited. You can see under the auction site 'Features' dropdown it says unlimited, the 10Mbps cap is for the metered services.

They got rid of the 20/30TB caps on dedis last month.

• Even for the Finland servers? They're site seems to still state "In this special case we will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 30 TB/month are used"

• I placed an order but it never asked for payment info?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@HuntersPad said:
    Even for the Finland servers? They're site seems to still state "In this special case we will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 30 TB/month are used"

Yeah. Think that's for the 10Gbps boxes maybe - there are restrictions on the bigger ports.

@HuntersPad said:
    I placed an order but it never asked for payment info?

Post-paid, you get an invoice at the end of each month. Might get asked to verify info before they deliver it though.

• @Harambe said:

@HuntersPad said:
    Even for the Finland servers? They're site seems to still state "In this special case we will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 30 TB/month are used"

Yeah. Think that's for the 10Gbps boxes maybe - there are restrictions on the bigger ports.

@HuntersPad said:
    I placed an order but it never asked for payment info?

Post-paid, you get an invoice at the end of each month. Might get asked to verify info before they deliver it though.

Thanks! they delivered it! Its just weird getting it before paying.

• Does the default setup for RAID1 with Hetzner say for CentOS auto setup every so i don't need to mess with it? So I know for sure its mirroring?

• @HuntersPad said:
    Does the default setup for RAID1 with Hetzner say for CentOS auto setup every so i don't need to mess with it? So I know for sure its mirroring?

Yes, it automatically configures RAID and you can tweak the settings using recovery if you deem it necessary.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

SpectraIP can offer you the following dedicated server in Amsterdam, NL:

AMD Entry server

• AMD Athlon X4 950 (3.5 - 3.8 GHz Quadcore)
    • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 120 GB SSD or 2 TB HDD
    • 25 TB bandwidth
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • Network AS62068

Monthly price € 22,50 (approx $ 25.75)

Please send me a PM is you would like to order.

edited October 2018

deleted