Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who has experience with hudson****host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who has experience with hudson****host?

hi all,

l've to looking dedicated server USA, i got offer from hudson****host on wht:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=93031e6442d6df9e471f33abfe742784&t=1312091

I see their price is low, but I do not have experience with them.
if anyone has experience using their service, here can be described as: support, server speed and etc..

or maybe anyone here, can give same offer...just PM me :)

Thank's

Comments

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

Very friendly and informative support, no complaints about the service at all. There was an 'ethernet misconfiguration' after signup (box was inaccessible) and was quickly sorted. no problems since.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

I would not trust them, as they are suspected to be another ColoCrossing shell company. But if that doesn't bother you pricing doesn't seem bad.

• thanks for the advice and info @shovenose @ricardo

• @shovenose said:
    I would not trust them, as they are suspected to be another ColoCrossing shell company. But if that doesn't bother you pricing doesn't seem bad.

I'm not sure what the logic is here. You say they're suspected so you don't actually know, you then further make a claim to not trust them. If you don't know, how can you make a claim of anything? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance)
    If you have some proof, please go on. Also, I don't know what the problem is with CC and why people hate them but I know many reputable providers use CC, even providers that weren't CC customers but are now and have great uptime.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

@shovenose said:

HudsonValleyHost, along with ChicagoVPS, both changed their WHOIS info to private this summer so they could both be owned by Santa Claus for all I know. One of my basic rules of buying anything online is to avoid buying from any site that uses private WHOIS to hide the identity of the owner. (repeating what I've said ad nauseum in the past) There is no legitimate reason for any business to hide their WHOIS info.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

I have no issues with the VPS hosting service of ChicagoVPS. I continue to pay every month for a VPS in Chicago and it's been solid so far.

I did have a negative experience with ChicagoVPS/ColoCrossing dedicated servers. But there can always be lemons - they just never actually owned up to the issue and fixed my server, so I didn't keep it, and got set up elsewhere.

My problem with CC/CVPS/HVH/GVH/etc. is dishonesty, not the services itself.

• @DomainBop, there is an affiliation between greenvaluehost.com and hudsonvalleyhost.com, right? I assume that's what you meant in your OP. Some info that may be private now I'm fairly sure was public just a few weeks ago.

Anyways, fair advice RE: anonymity, I don't think company's should have anything to hide in that regard. Saying that, no probs with them so far.

• thx for your info @Grimmy2

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@shovenose said:
    I have no issues with the VPS hosting service of ChicagoVPS. I continue to pay every month for a VPS in Chicago and it's been solid so far.

I did have a negative experience with ChicagoVPS/ColoCrossing dedicated servers. But there can always be lemons - they just never actually owned up to the issue and fixed my server, so I didn't keep it, and got set up elsewhere.

My problem with CC/CVPS/HVH/GVH/etc. is dishonesty, not the services itself.

Obviously I don't know the nature of your experience with that dedicated server through CVPS but sometimes hardware is problematic. I regret you had any problem at all of course and hope that you'll give us / any of our customers a try again in the future.

We've said before that HVH has a financial relationship with us.

This silliness about "shell company" blah, blah, blah, is perpetuated by people who don't care to actually look at the facts but would rather just move forward with their beliefs -- because they like that position best. You know at the end of the day, who even cares.

Thanked by 2mindofemanizer Nick
  • ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@mindofemanizer said:
    hi all,

l've to looking dedicated server USA, i got offer from hudson****host on wht:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=93031e6442d6df9e471f33abfe742784&t=1312091

I see their price is low, but I do not have experience with them.
    if anyone has experience using their service, here can be described as: support, server speed and etc..

or maybe anyone here, can give same offer...just PM me :)

Thank's

We would love to earn your business. Feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help you with.

Thanked by 1mindofemanizer
  • me .

i was bought yearly plan vps 128mb .

untill now never got problem .

edited October 2013

@Jack said:
    I think they still use Colocrossing for card processing don't they?

http://vpsboard.com/topic/540-is-hvh-owned-by-colocrossing/

How is that possible when every merchant account agreement prohibits merchants from processing payments through their accounts for 3rd party businesses they don't own due to money laundering regulations? Visa and Mastercard regulations explicitly prohibit merchants from processing transactions through their accounts for 3rd parties (otherwise known as "transaction laundering")

(the exception to this rule is of course aggregators like PayPal, 2CO, etc who are allowed to process credit card payments for 3rd party businesses through their merchant accounts, and most countries/states have regulations that aggregators must adhere to).

• @DomainBop - GreenValueHost staff does not have any involvement in the management of HudsonValleyHost and vice versa. Please don't drag us into this.

edited October 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    DomainBop - GreenValueHost staff does not have any involvement in the management of HudsonValleyHost and vice versa. Please don't drag us into this.

I only mentioned you because you have said in the past that you rent some of your dedicated servers from HVH and so I thought you would be able to share your experience as a customer of HudsonValleyHost with the OP :)

For reference, here is one of your quotes from May 16th:

GVH-Jon said "We lease all of our dedicated servers from Hudson Valley Host who provides us with bulk pricing."

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited October 2013

@DomainBop - I can vouch for the quality of HudsonValleyHost's services and customer support and I'd definitely recommend them to anyone. Their staff is helpful, courteous, kind, and overall they're just great people.

• I can say that HVH does offer good services. A VERY long time ago I was with them as shocking host (Conor was the owner), but they got bought out by HVH (Owned by Ernie). Despite that service still ran well. I just grew out of their services eventually thus no longer use them.

• Really? Then explain the excessive amounts of denial of service attacks we received after offering price match to colocrossing affiliated companies.

• @terafire I went through this thread 2 - 3 times and try to find a comment you're responding to but can't find anything. Who are you referring to?

• @jbiloh said:
    This silliness about "shell company" blah, blah, blah, is perpetuated by people who don't care to actually look at the facts but would rather just move forward with their beliefs -- because they like that position best. You know at the end of the day, who even cares.

• @All Thx for all the reviews and info foe HVH...

• JacobJacob Member
    edited October 2013

Having known @Ernie a few years, and the recent dealings I (we) had to deal with to him and the amount of messing about with messages / "negotiations" going back and fourth from both parties did take the piss.

What @Ernie tried to do was just morally wrong, I understand this is business but your own moral ethics have to come into place somewhere along the line.

Hustling people you have known for years is not the way forward, it's just taking advantage of that persons better nature.

Other than that HVH is a perfectly sound company and you will be in safe hands, both reassured that they're not going to disappear over night (You can thank Mr. Biloh's generous wallet for that) and that they can support you well.

Edit: Written this at 3AM but didn't post it.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

My VPS From @GreenValueHost seems to be hosted by HVH (HVH Owns the /27) Network is good.

• In my own experience, I would suggest HVH. Talked with @Ernie in WHT and it seems he/she does care about their potential customer(s). Recommended them to some of my friends and there is no complaint about their service and support so far.

• @Jacob said:
    Having known Ernie a few years, and the recent dealings I (we) had to deal with to him and the amount of messing about with messages / "negotiations" going back and fourth from both parties did take the piss.

What Ernie tried to do was just morally wrong, I understand this is business but your own moral ethics have to come into place somewhere along the line.

Hustling people you have known for years is not the way forward, it's just taking advantage of that persons better nature.

Other than that HVH is a perfectly sound company and you will be in safe hands, both reassured that they're not going to disappear over night (You can thank Mr. Biloh's generous wallet for that) and that they can support you well.

Edit: Written this at 3AM but didn't post it.

I'm curios as to what he did to you that makes you say he's morally wrong?