Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4.99 Dedi, Online.net Intel C2350, 4GB, 500GB HDD, AMS + FR - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4.99 Dedi, Online.net Intel C2350, 4GB, 500GB HDD, AMS + FR

Comments

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Dedi documentation:

https://documentation.online.net/en/dedicated-server/offers/starter/start-2-xs-sata

According to support There's no any bandwidth guaranteed for this server.

Wasn't that the case for kidéchire's, too? I think they started complaining at 150mbps but I don't really remember.

• NihimNihim Member

did the Intel C2350 always have a 10 euro setup fee?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited July 2018

Recently yep (in the 10-20€ range), except during special events (Black Friday etc.)

• NihimNihim Member

Ye I mean for this special with the $4.99 I had the feeling when it begun there was no setup fee.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Nope, there is a 10€ setup fee (...and it is not really a "special")

• Are additional ip adresses available on these boxes?

If so, i’m going to snipe 1 off of someone

• @FoxelVox said:
    Are additional ip adresses available on these boxes?

afaik you cant transfer boxes at online.net

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2018

@FoxelVox said:

Well, currently there are a few, with low disk I/O, they come in stock a few times.

If you ask online.net to replace the disk, they tell you, no more server in stock, we issue a refund.

Apparently Online is not capable of replacing disks, which every beginner can do.
    Same thing we saw at the Kidichires, they never replace drives, they only replace servers and since they have no stock on these cheap deals anymore.

They just go and refund you, because for whatever reason its not possible or they do not want to replace the disks on these servers.

More likely they do not want to replace them.

Kimsufi does replace disks, as it should be.

Yea and you cannot transfer them, only outsource them.

Maybe you find someone who can outsource your one dedi, buying one now, is a waste of time.

• NihimNihim Member

Well mine will go as well back to the pile and will wait if one appears at AMS

I/O speed(1st run)   : 15.7 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 20.3 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 19.3 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 18.4 MB/s

• @Neoon said:

@FoxelVox said:

Well, currently there are a few, with low disk I/O, they come in stock a few times.

If you ask online.net to replace the disk, they tell you, no more server in stock, we issue a refund.

Apparently Online is not capable of replacing disks, which every beginner can do.
    Same thing we saw at the Kidichires, they never replace drives, they only replace servers and since they have no stock on these cheap deals anymore.

They just go and refund you, because for whatever reason its not possible or they do not want to replace the disks on these servers.

More likely they do not want to replace them.

Kimsufi does replace disks, as it should be.

Yea and you cannot transfer them, only outsource them.

Maybe you find someone who can outsource your one dedi, buying one now, is a waste of time.

The thing is, i just need something that can run my private webserver (doesn’t need amazing IO) and ill just use a kimsufi box or a storagevps as a fallback.

Also, i think these are something like the sys had at the start. Driver issue. I’ll see :)

@FoxelVox said:
    The thing is, i just need something that can run my private webserver (doesn’t need amazing IO) and ill just use a kimsufi box or a storagevps as a fallback.

Also, i think these are something like the sys had at the start. Driver issue. I’ll see :)

Fine then, the strange thing was, same drives, about 1k hours difference and france is slower. Maybe its a driver related issue.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@Nihim said:
    Well mine will go as well back to the pile and will wait if one appears at AMS

I/O speed(1st run)   : 15.7 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 20.3 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 19.3 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 18.4 MB/s

Mine is in AMS1 and yet has slightly disappointing disk speeds as well. Russian roulette but hey, yolo.

• You can ask the support to check the dedi. I am not sure what will they will do once they figure out that it is underperforming though. I did that a while back and decided to cancel the contract after they checked that out.

• Does someone know if offline now accepts PayPal for clients / former ones that did used their services with cc before?

• sinsin Member
    edited July 2018

@inthecloudblog said:

Does someone know if offline now accepts PayPal for clients / former ones that did used their services with cc before?

I always used a debit card with them and I noticed there's a Paypal option under the "Change Payment Mode" within the Console/Billing.

• Jona4sJona4s Member

Online asks for ID before purchase?

• inthecloudblog said: Does someone know if offline now accepts PayPal for clients / former ones that did used their services with cc before?

They accept Paypal only if you have a service running for more than 3 months.

Thanked by 2vimalware snz
  • sinsin Member

@Jona4s said:
    Online asks for ID before purchase?

I'm in the US and I've never had Online.net ask for an ID.

• sinsin Member

Saw one in stock that I finally could of grabbed but I hesitated because I would hate to get one with the low disk speeds.

• So for once they acted semi-nice. They offered me, to wait a couple days see if new stock arrives and replace my server and if not to offer me a refund.

Of course no stock appeared :p I might try again in a couple of weeks.

• Some appear once or twice a day, mostly in FR. Just keep your eyes peeled.

• NihimNihim Member
    edited August 2018

It's more of a whether there is any performing normally in FR, or only at NL.

edit Also I am wondering how many times they 'll offer an refund. Though technically they have to since it's not working as expected and in my case they tested the server admitted that.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2018

Beware: there are some crap-ish servers in NL, too.

• ams1 is better than dc2. I got the same old crap 30+ disk io server from dc2 so asked for a refund and now got ams1 which has got 100+ disk io.

• today one popup but when i click order i was getting Error: Offer not available.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Snatched by someone else while you were making the screenshot.

France was restocked with just 2 Servers, NL with 1 servers, and a lot of people got notified, so yea gone quick.

• when is this server restocking once a month or more times

• i got a START-2-S-SATA and it's really disappointing as i speak.

I/O speeds are terrible. You can go look at my benchmark in my discussion

• do they refund setup fee for this box if request for refund due to very low I/O ?