Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reselling game-servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reselling game-servers

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

So i wanted to know if there are any hosting which offer game-server reselling without having to pay for any server, meaning:

I get access to a white-label panel similar to shared hosting that allows me to offer clients game servers, maybe a WHMCS plugin? Doesn't matter. The minimum price for a slot ofcourse will be identical as the company which is offering these servers and if i put the price higher for a slot, that's where my profit comes.

Regards,

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2018

Game server biz has a painful profit margin.

That's all I wanted to say, thank U.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2018

@deank said:
    Game server biz has a painful profit margin.

That's all I wanted to say, thank U.

When you are selling servers to kids that just want to play minecraft with their friends, yeah, good luck with those margins. Also, teamspeak servers are dying up a bit thanks to discord.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Game server margins are razor thin and gaming communities often avoid unknown hosts.
    Good luck.

• pikepike Veteran

@vovler said:
    Also, teamspeak servers are dying up a bit thanks to discord.

No, it's just the mainstreamers that use discord e.g people that got attracted by gaming because of big events and "community". True gamers still prefer teamspeak.

Thanked by 3FHR MasonR Frecyboy

What defines true gamers anyway?

To me, a true gamer is one who doesn't stick to just PC and plays all games across all platforms.

• vovlervovler Member

@pike said:

@vovler said:
    Also, teamspeak servers are dying up a bit thanks to discord.

No, it's just the mainstreamers that use discord e.g people that got attracted by gaming because of big events and "community". True gamers still prefer teamspeak.

Define "true gamers"

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2018

@vovler said:
    Define "true gamers"

people that care about the tech behind their games and gaming gear.

In other words, almost none of gamers in this generation.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2018

@deank said:
    What defines true gamers anyway?

To me, a true gamer is one who doesn't stick to just PC and plays all games across all platforms.

I still don't understand how can people aim on "a console" - it's not doable. Not that recently i completed gta 3 on Android and the aiming and shooting are bloody revolting, even with the help provided.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Not what i was trying to find. Thanks though.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Why would anyone buy from you?

Deficits:

• You do not maintain the nodes the servers run on, zero influence in outages
    • You are unable to offer additional features bound to the servers as you just source them from elsewhere.
    • You have to relay any custom inquiry to the actual provider
    • Your target audience is identical to the parent host

Benefits:

• ?

I'm afraid to be harsh but your plan sucks.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

Try to get known in a smaller community and start selling servers. Once you have a fair market share in that particular game, consider expanding.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Just remembered that iirc there was some Blesta module that is pretty "new" (maybe even was presented here at LET) that allowed for gameserver reselling from their API setting your own price?! I'm not talking about tcadmin though. If you look around I'm sure you'll find it.
    Blesta hasn't as many modules as whmcs :P
    And pretty sure that gameserver module will also be availed for whmcs^^

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Ah it was Gamepanel.io

Check it out dunno how they run their business now :P

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@florianb said:
    Why would anyone buy from you?

Deficits:

• You are unable to offer additional features bound to the servers as you just source them from elsewhere.

Benefits:

• ?

The same reason why people buy reseller hosting. The added value can be stellar support.

I'm not saying this is viable for game servers, but I oppose the idea that there can't be any benefits.

@florianb said:
    Why would anyone buy from you?

Deficits:

Benefits:

• ?

What plan? I'm just asking if such a reseller exists or not.

Not to mention this is exactly as a shared hosting reseller, with nearly no difference.

@CConner said:
    Try to get known in a smaller community and start selling servers. Once you have a fair market share in that particular game, consider expanding.

Let's say i already have 2 or 3 clients that are able to buy game servers from me, the idea is to start from somewhere than expanding ofcourse will happen with real dedicated servers.

Gotta be a master at kissing arse when dealing with game servers.

Or you should expect to get DDoSed every single day.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@pike said:

@vovler said:
    Define "true gamers"

people that care about the tech behind their games and gaming gear.

Google Cloud ? (Discord)

LGR is one of true gamers.

He doesn't care which platform a game is on. If he wants to play it, he plays it.

• VoigonVoigon Member
    edited July 2018

Not relevant.

lol as if relevancy matters on LET.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

deank said: Gotta be a master at kissing arse when dealing with game servers.

Or you should expect to get DDoSed every single day.

We have quite a few servers and only get a DDoS attack a few times per year. Think it depends on the games you host for I guess.

Seems like the best solution is to get a powerful dedicated server and see how it goes.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@armandorg said:
    Seems like the best solution is to get a powerful dedicated server and see how it goes.

It is^^ You might wanna look into lgsm to simplify setup ;)