Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


What Website Stats do you use?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

What Website Stats do you use?

Hi, like title says, What Website Analytics do you use? I just want to know what website stats do you use.

i like see other who not use google analytics or matamo. web stats that easy to manage like 50-100 domain and easy to sort and see stats. thanks

«1

Comments

  • ariq01ariq01 Member

    histats

  • vmp32kvmp32k Member

    None, thanks DSGVO. (My sites are small, not worth the effort)

  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Patron Provider

    awstats

  • whats wrong with google analytics?

  • ArisCArisC Member

    Currently I'm looking to fathom. Check it on github usefathom/fathom

    Thanked by 1greattomeetyou
  • @Waldo19 said:
    whats wrong with google analytics?

    Blocked by uBlock Origins and ghostery

  • @ariq01 said:
    histats

    dont have improvement in last few years last i use it.

    @vpsGOD said:
    awstats

    not accurate, bot included in stats.

    @corbpie said:

    @Waldo19 said:
    whats wrong with google analytics?

    Blocked by uBlock Origins and ghostery

    this.

    sometime, i dont want google know everything about me.

    @ArisC said:
    Currently I'm looking to fathom. Check it on github usefathom/fathom

    just check it, too simple and i dont know that fits to manage multiple domain.

  • warrior said: just check it, too simple and i dont know that fits to manage multiple domain.

    What features do you want?

  • @warrior said:
    Hi, like title says, What Website Analytics do you use? I just want to know what website stats do you use.

    usually I use alexa, that will give you all the details about the web site that you need to know.

  • We use Google Analytics, we've sometimes tried others but always ended back with Google. The analytics are exactly what we need with the ability to create ad-hoc reports when needed.

  • SvenSven Member

    Piwik

  • emghemgh Member

    Suprises me that people uses these old programs when there’s two obvious alternatives for everyone, I think.

    If you want something complete, Google Analytics. If you want something selfhosted, Piwik. Any reason for actually using anything else?

  • You can try https://clicky.com/ ;) It's a good alternative for Google Analytics!

  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

    Statcounter.com

  • NeoonNeoon Member, Community Contributor
    edited July 2018

    None, I see no reason to.

    You see on other points, how often the website or project is used.

    If you really need stats.

  • Has anyone tried using two (or more) website analytics, say Piwik (now Matomo) and Google Analytics, at the same time?

  • mrTommrTom Member

    @pullangcubo said:
    Has anyone tried using two (or more) website analytics, say Piwik (now Matomo) and Google Analytics, at the same time?

    Yes, no problem at all. 2 additional requests instead of 1.

    Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • mrTommrTom Member

    Another free/open/selfhosted alternative would be www.openwebanalytics.com. Unfortunately development has practically stopped years ago, but it does the basic stuff without giving your data away.

  • @emgh said:
    Suprises me that people uses these old programs when there’s two obvious alternatives for everyone, I think.

    If you want something complete, Google Analytics. If you want something selfhosted, Piwik. Any reason for actually using anything else?

    i cant sort domain, should search to select each sites. currently try using yandex metrica, but seem slow when try using heatmap.

    @Neoon said:
    None, I see no reason to.

    You see on other points, how often the website or project is used.

    If you really need stats.

    i really need stats, build 2-3 websites every week. :)

  • @yakblack said:
    You can try https://clicky.com/ ;) It's a good alternative for Google Analytics!

    @NanoG6 said:
    Statcounter.com

    will check these 2.

  • emghemgh Member

    Why do you build two sites a week? Passive niche site type of thing?

  • yes, i have specific niche and monitor google trends to build website and wait at least a month to get traffic, small traffic but sometime have a good convertion.

  • hyndshynds Member

    I'm using Google Analytics and sometime Quancast & SimilarWeb

  • @emgh said:
    Suprises me that people uses these old programs when there’s two obvious alternatives for everyone, I think.

    If you want something complete, Google Analytics. If you want something selfhosted, Piwik. Any reason for actually using anything else?

    Analytics like GA and Piwik are fundamentally different from web log analysis (e.g. awstats). A nice modern web log analyzer is goAccess - https://goaccess.io/

  • just check it the demo, goaccess have nice interface. is goaccess can know the different bots and real visitor that awstats cant do.

  • warrior said: just check it the demo, goaccess have nice interface. is goaccess can know the different bots and real visitor that awstats cant do.

    Breakdown is in the "Browsers" section. Bots are called "Crawlers". Expand that to see individual bot stats.

    Note that on the live demo some horizontal scrolling may be necessary to see all columns in a section (unless you may a large monitor). When you setup goAcess you can configure how the page is laid out. Mine is much simpler :)

  • @sleddog said:
    Analytics like GA and Piwik are fundamentally different from web log analysis (e.g. awstats).

    Doesn't Piwik have a feature for analyzing raw logs? I haven't really used it; perhaps someone here can give a feedback regarding it vs, say, AWStats.

  • Just noticed that Piwik has a name change to "Matomo", for some not very clear reasons - https://matomo.org/blog/2018/01/piwik-is-now-matomo/

    And now there is Piwik Pro - https://piwik.pro

    Did the open-source community project somehow lose rights to the name Piwik?

  • Tr33nTr33n Member

    I am using kibana for row logs and piwik for individual websites.

  • Adam1Adam1 Member

    I use piwik, proxied with a bit of code to stop it being blocked by ublock and co.

Sign In or Register to comment.