Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

openvz.org mirrorlist only accessible from host node, not guests/VPSs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

openvz.org mirrorlist only accessible from host node, not guests/VPSs

postcdpostcd Member
edited July 2018 in Help

Hello, LET do not allow me to post the question here (403 error), so i pasted it here

In short, openvz.org IP seems not to be blocked on my Linux, but OpenVZ VPSs i have can not access it, only host node can. VPSs can access orher internet IPs without problem.

I appreaciate any ideas to find the cause of this interesting issue, Thank You in advance for help.

Comments

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Tried to traceroute / mtr 185.231.241.69 from a guest?

Thanked by 1postcd
  • postcdpostcd Member
    edited July 2018

@FHR Thank you, it shows 0% loss thru whole route, on the top is:

Resolver: Received error response 2. (server failure)er of fields quit

and the last two routers are:

18 Virtuozzo.moscow.access.comstar.ru
    0.0% 25 146.8 146.8 146.7 147.4 0.1

19 ???

What do you think about it please? Is it sure that the last router (the destination) is blocking me? I tried both udp and icmp packets ("u" key) and host name resolution ("n" key on/off) in mtr, all shows ??? at last hop.

If they block me, i actualy already sent virtuozzo an e-mail but have low expectations, can i somehow make my node server a mirror/rpxy for VPSs (without storing many gigabytes of data on it)?

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited July 2018

Am not sure why its not working, am just wondering why you would need to use OpenVZ repo on the vps it self.

Its not like an OpenVZ based vps can do kernel updates anyway since its uses the host node kernel.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • Tr33nTr33n Member
    edited July 2018

postcd said: can i somehow make my node server a mirror/rpxy for VPSs (without storing many gigabytes of data on it)?

You can setup a reverse proxy, for example with nginx: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/31261/nginx-reverse-proxy-tutorial-centos-6

Then put your server into the repo list.

Thanked by 1postcd