Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best ecommerce solution ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello,

We are going to finalize a deal with one of our clients to build him an ecommerce website.

I would like to hear from you guys, what is the best ecommerce solution to provide for our valued customer.

I was going spree commerce until I found something saleor

Please vote for the best system in terms of security, performance, customization and maintenance.

1. Magento29 votes
    1. OpenCart
      13.79%
    2. Saleor
        3.45%
    3. WooCommerce
      51.72%
    4. PrestaShop
      31.03%
    5. Spreecommerce
        0.00%
    6. solidus
        0.00%

Comments

• YuraYura Member

The best solution is the one that is solving all specific problems of your client. That is custom made.

You are asking about cookie cutter solutions that may fit or may not fit your specific client. Each of these applications have tons of stuff to know and understand to implement them correctly and not just stumble around and making a guess work. You should use the one you know well. From your post I see you are going to take this client and learn on the fly.

Good luck to you and your client.

• For quick win, you can use any. For long term, having your own based on fully customization engine would help you to save cost and deliver best fit.

• I was using Joomla, and then switched to WooCommerce. I'm still a novice now, but I feel WooCommerce is better to use and learn..

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

WooCommerce is very easy to use, but I find the API documentation lacking.

• squibssquibs Member

Depends on budget. It's all very well saying that a custom engine is best, but that requires a serious budget. I've seen huge sums plugged into extensive Magento customisation with indifferent results, and I've built WooCommerce platforms for modest sums, using proven off the shelf paid and free plugins, that have pulled in big money.

Now that WooCommerce has cured some of the core issues, the rich ecosystem of addons make it possible to do a lot with a little, and it would be very rare for me to tackle an ecommerce project on anything else these days, unless the budget is huge.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

My vote was for Prestashop. Have used it on a couple of projects in the past and it's very quick to setup, as well as being nice an easy to theme.

Have used spree commerce as well with sucess but I find unless it's something very specific a client wants Prestashop does the job.

• mohamedmohamed Member
    edited July 2018

@Yura

You're mistaken sir, because i have very long background with WooCommerce, Prestashop, OpenCart and all of these platforms are PHP but since I also have a Python/Django Knowledge, I wouldn't have any problem developing a theme for Saleor or any of those systems listed in the poll.

I even see people voting for PrestaShop where you will need an expensive plugin to fix your URL structure for SEO purposes which is not in my options for that client but we do have a poll to see what people really think is the best e-commerce solution.

Thank you.

• Is magento not included?

• @marklopez

It's included but something wrong with the poll.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Shopware is also pretty good.

• I would personally suggest you try with multi vendor shopping cart software. It helps you to build powerful ecommerce marketplace https://pofitec.com/multi-vendor-shopping-cart-software.php

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Prestashop or Magento is better than opencart, as opencart code is very terrible.

• Wp + woothemes , or open cart , zencart etc..

Or

Hire and make own soluchan