Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Hetzner no setup fee!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Hetzner no setup fee!

Hello everyone,

Hetzner removed the setup fee for some servers, hurry up and be fast.

Comments

  • Be still, my irrational hoarding heart.

    Thanked by 3Yura vovler HBAndrei
  • The amount of temptation is too damn high

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2018

    EX41S 40€/mo ...fml

    i7 6700

    64 GB RAM DDR4

    2x2 TB HDD

    Little beast^^

  • Oh shit, is there any mistake or they intend to do it?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2018

    Hetzner be like

  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @Falzo Are you... getting any (fml)? runs away

    Thanked by 1Falzo
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

    @levnode said:
    Oh shit, is there any mistake or they intend to do it?

    Intended by the looks of their new banner:

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @Ympker said:
    @Falzo Are you... getting any (fml)? runs away

    already made some configurations to look at the prices... trying to resist. hard...

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @Falzo said:

    @Ympker said:
    @Falzo Are you... getting any (fml)? runs away

    already made some configurations to look at the prices... trying to resist. hard...

    In case you don't know: This does NOT help me save money :S

  • FalzoFalzo Member

    @Ympker said:

    @Falzo said:

    @Ympker said:
    @Falzo Are you... getting any (fml)? runs away

    already made some configurations to look at the prices... trying to resist. hard...

    In case you don't know: This does NOT help me save money :S

    did you know? you can easily add more disks... like having an 1275v5 with 64GB and 3x 512 NVMe ... yamm. :-P

    Thanked by 2Ympker Hetzner_OL
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

    @Falzo said:

    @Ympker said:

    @Falzo said:

    @Ympker said:
    @Falzo Are you... getting any (fml)? runs away

    already made some configurations to look at the prices... trying to resist. hard...

    In case you don't know: This does NOT help me save money :S

    did you know? you can easily add more disks... like having an 1275v5 with 64GB and 3x 512 NVMe ... yamm. :-P

    But..but..I don't have an account with them yet :P I'm sure verification takes a whi... dammit :S How am I supposed to resist?

  • ArisCArisC Member

    Why, they never asked me for a verification lol.....

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YuraYura Member

    @ArisC said:
    Why, they never asked me for a verification lol.....

    You look trustworthy and there is an undeniable aura of Force around you.

    Thanked by 1doghouch
  • ArisCArisC Member

    @Yura said:

    @ArisC said:
    Why, they never asked me for a verification lol.....

    You look trustworthy and there is an undeniable aura of Force around you.

    Lol, Nice :D

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2018

    @ArisC said:
    Why, they never asked me for a verification lol.....

    You should not have said that. You should not have.. :D

    I am about to spend quite some money today it seems :S

  • ArisCArisC Member

    @Ympker said:

    @ArisC said:
    Why, they never asked me for a verification lol.....

    You should not have said that. You should not have.. :D

    I am about to spend quite some money today it seems :S

    Their marketing manager will look for me :D

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

    @Ympker said:
    EX41S 40€/mo ...fml

    i7 6700

    64 GB RAM DDR4

    2x2 TB HDD

    Or with "only" 32 GB RAM and 2x 4 TB HDD.

    Results in 10€/TB (Mirrored) or 5€/TB (JBOD) for your own dedicated storage server. Pretty neat I'd say. :)

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • roshan91roshan91 Member
    edited July 2018

    ..

  • @dfroe said:

    @Ympker said:
    EX41S 40€/mo ...fml

    i7 6700

    64 GB RAM DDR4

    2x2 TB HDD

    Or with "only" 32 GB RAM and 2x 4 TB HDD.

    Results in 10€/TB (Mirrored) or 5€/TB (JBOD) for your own dedicated storage server. Pretty neat I'd say. :)

    The €/TB drops more if you add drives to the system. The 10TB drive is 2€/TB.

    Self control be strong.

  • YuraYura Member

    @PcJamesy said:

    @dfroe said:

    @Ympker said:
    EX41S 40€/mo ...fml

    i7 6700

    64 GB RAM DDR4

    2x2 TB HDD

    Or with "only" 32 GB RAM and 2x 4 TB HDD.

    Results in 10€/TB (Mirrored) or 5€/TB (JBOD) for your own dedicated storage server. Pretty neat I'd say. :)

    The €/TB drops more if you add drives to the system. The 10TB drive is 2€/TB.

    Self control be strong.

    Someone should do that and make ZxHost 2.0!

  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

    @PcJamesy said:
    The €/TB drops more if you add drives to the system. The 10TB drive is 2€/TB.

    Wait.. that's not part of the current offers without setup fee, right?

    @Yura said:
    Someone should do that and make ZxHost 2.0!

    There seem to be reasons that this won't happen again. :-)

  • @dfroe said:

    @PcJamesy said:
    The €/TB drops more if you add drives to the system. The 10TB drive is 2€/TB.

    Wait.. that's not part of the current offers without setup fee, right?

    @Yura said:
    Someone should do that and make ZxHost 2.0!

    There seem to be reasons that this won't happen again. :-)

    Seams to be, if you add one of the servers with no setup fees you can adjust it without losing free setup.

  • If only Germany won world cup the deal would be better!

    Still, isn't Hetzner Robot Auction no setup fee already?

  • williewillie Member

    HowLowCanYouGo said: Still, isn't Hetzner Robot Auction no setup fee already?

    Yes but those are older servers and not as nice.

  • @willie said:

    HowLowCanYouGo said: Still, isn't Hetzner Robot Auction no setup fee already?

    Yes but those are older servers and not as nice.

    You'll also get 100gb backup space with those normal servers.

  • williewillie Member

    It looks like you have to visit a special page to bypass the setup fee: if you order through the normal EX line page, you get charged it. Meh :(((

    Thanked by 1eva2000
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited July 2018

    @willie said:
    It looks like you have to visit a special page to bypass the setup fee: if you order through the normal EX line page, you get charged it. Meh :(((

    Correct, would clarify why they add no_setup parameter ;-)

    https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver?no_setup=1

    Their news statement : https://www.hetzner.com/news/07-18-server-aktion?country=ot

  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

    ArisC said: Their marketing manager will look for me :D

    I suppose that is what the Darth Vader mask is for, right...? I place great stock in the advice from Fezzik/Andre the Giant: "People in masks cannot be trusted." --Katie ;)

    Thanked by 2Shazan simonindia
Sign In or Register to comment.