Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Colo in Germany
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Colo in Germany

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi,
We are looking at 2-3U colocation and a /24 in Germany for LEBs. Any recommendations ?

Ishan

Comments

• try ip-projects.de or go leaseweb both should be able to work somethin out :)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Does ip-projects.de have English website or atleast English speaking sales/support ?

Talking to Leaseweb now.

• Bare in mind leaseweb wont give you a decent sized IP allocation. Check out providerservice.

Thanked by 1leapswitch

@Ash_Hawkridge said:
    Bare in mind leaseweb wont give you a decent sized IP allocation. Check out providerservice.

Yes, it seems so. As per their chat operator -

b.ulrich: The Colo Units are possible of course, but unfrotunately our IP Policy will not allow to hand out a /24 with those 2 Units right now due to the global IPv4 exhaustion
    b.ulrich: the maximum on a full colo rack right now alone is a /25... can you utilize IPv6 addresses yet?

Let me check providerservice.

• Yeh ip-projects have english support..
    His name is Michael from reference.. Very good Network (uses Accelerated DC)

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • with the /24 he may be able to work something out for it too.. best to give him a email :)

• 23media

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

Give 23media a try, they're pretty good, afaik they're at the Global Switch DC which is pretty awesome as well.

EDIT: We have 1 machine with them for about a year now, 100% uptime and no network issues at all.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • how about hetzner ?

• I don't know if the special network configuration Hetzner uses is also need to colocation customers, check on that as is sometimes annoying.

Accelerated is a good DC also, downsides are traffic costs.

• Leaseweb won't be able to offer /24s I believe.

23media I know will be able to, others you can look at is ProviderService or IP-Projects as mentioned.

All 3 of them should be as far as I know :)

I am contacting all of these DCs/providers and will make a decision by end of this month. Thank you everyone for the recommendations.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@leapswitch wow, didn't know you offered services in Spain. Are you located at Interxion or a different DC? And what provider is it?

• Pretty much anyone in Spain is in InterXion, at least BW wise (unless you buy from Ono, then shame on you anyway :o)

Hi,
    Just to update this thread. We went ahead with Datafabrik and everything is working great. Pricing is excellent, network seems to be good.

@Nyr said:
    leapswitch wow, didn't know you offered services in Spain. Are you located at Interxion or a different DC? And what provider is it?

We are using Rackspot. However, we are looking for Colocation in Spain now as Rackspot only offers Dedicated servers.

• @leapswitch you may be interested in colo with dinahosting.com. They are located at InterXion and seems to offer fair pricing (afaik), although IP pricing could be high.

@lmerino said:
    leapswitch you may be interested in colo with dinahosting.com. They are located at InterXion and seems to offer fair pricing (afaik), although IP pricing could be high.

Thank you, let me check with them.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2013

leapswitch said: Thank you, let me check with them.

Two more options:

• Comvive: not the absolute best, but decent for Spain and probably the way to go in Interxion.
    • inAsset Networks: pretty cheap option. New datacenter in Madrid, great prices and they seemed pretty competent when I contacted them. IP shortage could be a problem.
    Thanked by 1lmerino