Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling/Transferring SoYouStart E3-1245v2 | 2x2TB | 4x4GB | 250mbps Unmetered
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling/Transferring SoYouStart E3-1245v2 | 2x2TB | 4x4GB | 250mbps Unmetered

adfoxisadfoxis Member
edited July 2018 in General

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while and got some good info and deals over the years so I figured it was time I gave a little back. I'm letting go of my beloved box at SoYouStart, originally ordered the 1225 version but got delivered a 1245, so yeah for HT!

tl:dr: 'Twas getting tight on space so I wanted to move to one of their new Opteron 4x2TB but I don't think they'll be getting back in stock anytime soon nor that I'll be quick enough to grab one. So I moved over to Hetzner with a sweet deal on an ancient i7-980x with 4x2TB and hardware raid (not thrilled about the latter but hey, that's why you backup critical data right?). Good thing the new box has 1Gbps 'cause those 2TB@250mbps were a paaaain to watch upload.

Specs:

• MB: Intel Corporation DH67BL
  • CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 V2 @ 3.40GHz
  • RAM: 4 x 4096 MB
  • Drives: 2 x 2000GB SATA | Hitachi/HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 | Power_On_Hours : 24800 & 26022
  • IP: 1 France, 1 Netherlands
  • Bandwidth: 250mbps, unmetered
  • Monthly renewal for 32€ ex VAT | 38.40€ inc FR VAT | Paid until 31/07/2018.
    Can be switched to Quater/Semi/Annually after purchase.

Only trying to recoup the original setup fee so price will be 60€ (they were expensive back in 2015!) but feel free to send offers by PM.

I have read that you may be able to transfer SyS servers to other SyS accounts via ticket, but can anyone confirm ? Willing to let go the entire account if need be, seeing it's the only active server and that you can change all the details except for the country. Anyways, if anyone's interested I'm sure we can figure it out.

Cheers!

Comments

• Will have to cancel the service by the 19th 11pm French Time, so if anyone's interested let me know asap.
    Updated ask price : 40€

• i've got account at the US site, willing to pay $40 for the server if server transfer between accounts is allowed.

• adfoxisadfoxis Member
    edited July 2018

@tamicrealo said:
    i've got account at the US site, willing to pay $40 for the server if server transfer between accounts is allowed.

PM'd

• adfoxis said: I have read that you may be able to transfer SyS servers to other SyS accounts via ticket, but can anyone confirm ? Willing to let go the entire account if need be, seeing it's the only active server and that you can change all the details except for the country. Anyways, if anyone's interested I'm sure we can figure it out.

Update on this: SoYouStart servers can only be transferred between accounts of the same subsidiary. That was to be expected, support just confirmed it to me.

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited July 2018

adfoxis said: accounts of the same subsidiary.

So on which subsidiary is the server? France I guess?

• twiigl said: So on which subsidiary is the server? France I guess?

France indeed.
    Not clearly stated in my first post but inferred from 1st IP and VAT.