Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4TB dedicated at 140-150usd/annual?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4TB dedicated at 140-150usd/annual?

ympkeritympkerit Member
edited July 2018 in Requests

Only storage is important:
4TB dedicated at 140-150usd is it possible?
But the dedicated server should run for file storage server.

Comments

• mkshmksh Member
    edited July 2018

IIRC those SYS arm dedis where somewhere in that range. Besides those pretty much no i guess.

• vmp32kvmp32k Member

ympkerit said: Only storage is important

I could offer a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 4TB USB HDD. Only $666/mon

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@vmp32k said:
    I could offer a Raspberry Pi 3 with a 4TB USB HDD. Only $666/mon

What a stunning deal. This deal has been approved by me which ultimately means jack shit.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

It won't be easy. $150/year/4T.B is $3.43/TiB/mo which is rock bottom. There are those SYS ARM servers that come close, but they are ARM servers and quite slow, besides being out of stock most of the time.

If you want a real dedi and can pay a little more per TB and can use a bit more space and don't mind DE location, I'd go for a Hetzner i7-3770 auction server at 19.4 euro (22 USD)/mo if you can snipe one just after a price drop. That's a fast cpu, 16gb of ram, and 2x 3T.B drives so it comes to $4.06/TiB/mo if I did the math right. Note that's with no RAID and the drives are likely to be quite old.

Note: I use "T.B" to refer to decimal terabyte (1e12 bytes), TiB=2^40 bytes = 1.1 T.B. TB is ambiguous and in the context of dedis it means T.B but other times it can mean other things.

• cociucociu Member

ympkerit said: But the dedicated server should run for file storage server.

only the traffic is more than you pay