Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

domain transfers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

domain transfers

flyfly Member
edited February 2012 in Help

hey, i want to transfer my domain from 1&1 to name.com
can someone explain how the billing works for this?

Comments

• Get the EPP Code from 1&1 and then enter that into name.com. Ensure the domain is unlocked.

Best,
    Kevin

• so basically i'll lose the rest of the year and i'll have to pay for a renewal.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

Actually, you'll have to pay for transfer, that will keep the domain until it expires next then you continue the yearly payments as usual. I think. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

• @kbar said: so basically i'll lose the rest of the year and i'll have to pay for a renewal.

This depends TLD name.

• @kbar said: so basically i'll lose the rest of the year and i'll have to pay for a renewal.

When i transfered one of my domains (a .net) i had to pay the transfer fee (which was almost the same as a whole year) and that got the domain also extended by a year (in addition to the 6 months it still had left at its old registrar).

So basically you shouldn't loose anything

• Be sure that:

• Domain is unlocked and has not been newly registered in the past 60 days.
    • Domain is eligible for transfer from your current registrar.
    • A valid email account is listed for the administrative contact in the WHOIS. (Whether Whois Privacy is enabled or not.)
  • no, i know HOW to do it.. i was just asking about billing :/

• ok man, then just pay and wait until it's done!

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited February 2012

yes just pay for transfer as you pay for a new domain and wait for 2-3 days for the transfer to complete, while checking your mail for EPP from 1&1 and also transfer confirmation from 1&1. if you fail to confirm you need to wait few more days for the transfer to happen automatically.

• TigersWayTigersWay Member
    edited February 2012

@kbar said: hey, i want to transfer my domain from 1&1 to name.com

can someone explain how the billing works for this?

Sorry to be enable to answer you.... I am also looking for that kind of information!
    And also very sorry to "discover" some many people do not actually read anything before they write :(