Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DNS hosting on RamNode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DNS hosting on RamNode

Hi, this is my first post on Low End Talk. I'm also somewhat new to web hosting, so I hope my question makes sense.

I have a registered domain name currently pointing to a Linode VPS that I'm trying to migrate over to RamNode. When I go to set Reverse DNS using SolousVM I receive an error message:

"Could not find an A record in your domains DNS."

I assume this needs to be set using some RamNode interface, like I had previously done with Linode but the only info I could find was for cPanel, which costs extra. Is cPanel required to manage a domain name (DNS record) on RamNode?

Comments

• All SolusVM hosts and most other hosts (even OVH) will not let you set your rdns without a similar A record pointed to that IP

• @JungleHunt said:
    Hi, this is my first post on Low End Talk. I'm also somewhat new to web hosting, so I hope my question makes sense.

I have a registered domain name currently pointing to a Linode VPS that I'm trying to migrate over to RamNode. When I go to set Reverse DNS using SolousVM I receive an error message:

"Could not find an A record in your domains DNS."

I assume this needs to be set using some RamNode interface, like I had previously done with Linode but the only info I could find was for cPanel, which costs extra. Is cPanel required to manage a domain name (DNS record) on RamNode?

You will not need to purchase a cPanel license. When you order your DNS hosting with RamNode, it's free. You will then need to point your domain to your RamNode name servers (you should receive an email with the proper name servers to point to). After that, you should be able to login to your cPanel DNS hosting.

Thanked by 1JungleHunt
  • The last step is what I was missing: I hadn't read the email carefully after ordering DNS hosting. I'm currently logged into cPanel right now.

• @Jack I didn't want to be a pest, lol. Next time I will open a ticket.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@JungleHunt - Please make sure you're distinguishing between RDNS and our DNS hosting. They are completely separate systems which do not interact with each other in any way. RDNS will work properly regardless of where your A Record has been created.