Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting Advice Needed Urgently
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting Advice Needed Urgently

So I provide hosting for a few small businesses as well as Centova Hosting for three stations AND I have a small wowza server for a few clients that need livestreaming services. I also have a video hosting account with Streamio from Rackspace. (excellent product)

I am tired of paying four different companies for these services.

I have a VPS in London, a Reseller Account with another company and a Wowza reseller account with another company.

Is there a way to have one server or at most ONE COMPANY that will provide the following

Ability to livestream (for our church clients)
Ability to Webhost (cpanel, whm)
Ability to provide CentovaCast for three clients
And house the videos we produce?

Right now I pay about $150 a month to three different companies

Thanks for your help...

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Do you know how much bandwidth the video and audio streams use?

• edited July 2018

Here are my bandwidth limits:

Webhosting: 4GB | 80GB SSD |10TB Transfer

Video Hosting: 50GB Storage 50GB Transfer

Centova Hosting: 10GB Storage | Unlimited Transfer

LiveStream Hosting: 10GB of storage | 100GB Transfer

I haven't gone over any limits nor ever ran out of bandwidth...

• @Cre8tivStudios said:
    Here are my bandwidth limits:

Webhosting: 4GB | 80GB SSD |10TB Transfer

Video Hosting: 50GB Storage 50GB Transfer

Centova Hosting: 10GB Storage | Unlimited Transfer

LiveStream Hosting: 10GB of storage | 100GB Transfer

I haven't gone over any limits nor ever ran out of bandwidth...

So these are current needs. But what are your projected future needs?

• Couldn’t you use a steaming service like YouTube for the livestreams and archives. Unless something white label is needed you have some free options there.

• Needs can be the same.... Most churches want to have a white label system to share and edit as they need to.. plus it kind of defeats the purpose of providing a livestream for churches..and I just send them to youtube...lol

• You could possibly run all three with a dedicated server running virtualisation meaning reduced costs :)

• What would the costs be? I know cpanel would be one fee and centova is like 10 bux a month?

• williewillie Member

I've done icecast streams on a $3.50/month Ramnode VPS and that works fine (use multiple ones for fanout if you have a lot of connected clients). There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth unless you're being charged by the TB, but you should be able to keep your costs below a few bucks per TB with VPS's or a bit more if you use a CDN. So the pure hosting costs should be pretty low. If you want someone to maintain and manage all that software, that gets much more expensive.

Anyway you should easily be able to beat Rackspace hosting prices by 3x or even more with low end stuff, but you'll end up with more DIY and variability, so you have to decide if it's worth it.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You could get some reasonable offers if you advise how much bandwidth you really need, unlimited cuts majority of providers.

Moreover, you’ll likely need to provide Wowza license yourself in this budget.

• I don't need unlimited bandwidth. I think I can get by with about 6 to 10 TB a month which is about what I use for all services. If the livestreaming picks up, then I can charge more... I am just tired of paying 4 different companies for hosting. If I could get one server to run the radio (centova) hosting (cpanel) and video (whether it be wowza or red5) that's a start.... Probably would need 150Gigs of space and a minimum 6 to 10TB of bandwidth.

I would need help installing all this stuff...but I could manage minor, SUPER MINOR, technicalities..