Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Request : Dedicated server in Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Request : Dedicated server in Europe

Looking for a dedicated server in Europe to extra backups. I want to add it as a node in proxmox, just to be able to replicate vms over to it. It will not run vms, just keep the replicated files.

Bandwitdh : Minimum 5TB
Port : minimum shared 1gbit.
Cpu : Does not really matter
Ram : does not either really matter
Disks : minimum 2 x 2TB. wanted 2 x 4TB or more.

Budget : up to 50 euros. But less is better.

Give me your advice please

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2018

We can meet your requirements - UK Dedicated Servers

E3-1270V6
    16 GB DDR4 ECC
    2x 2TB HDD
    1Gbit/s uplink with 30 TB Bandwidth
    Central London Datacentre

50 EUR + VAT where applicable.

This is a special one, so to order please PM.

We’re here if you’re looking for a long term relationship and unmatched quality, on a great, resilient network spanning multiple premium Datacentres in London. :-).

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

E3-1270v6

16 GB DDR4 ECC Memory

2x 2TB HDD

1Gbit/s uplink with 30 TB Bandwidth

100Gbps DDoS Protection

A+B Power

24/7 UK Support

Docklands, London, UK

45 EUR + VAT where applicable.

Contact us via our website or PM for the deal.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • cociucociu Member

2x L5630

32 gb ram

4x2tb or 2x4tb (not sure until tumorrow)

1gbps shared (almost dedicated because i have +40 gbps free for the moment)

30 tb/mo traffic included

Located in Romania

price 50 eur (vat included)

• @cociu said:
    (vat included)

Do you actually charge VAT and provide people (companies) with an invoice showing the amount, so they can use it for tax purposes?

• cociucociu Member
    edited July 2018

teamacc said: Do you actually charge VAT and provide people (companies) with an invoice showing the amount, so they can use it for tax purposes?

nope , the vat cannot be deducted. My error in the comment , will be more close like : i do not collect vat

edited July 2018

What can I do;-). Better compete with quality and value rather than price; there’s always someone cheaper.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Clouvider said:
    there’s always someone cheaper.

This man speaks wise words. There are always someone cheaper especially in women. Cheap ones are good for temporary enjoyments. Go for quality ones if you want a marriage.

• @deank said:

@Clouvider said:
    there’s always someone cheaper.

This man speaks wise words. There are always someone cheaper especially in women. Cheap ones are good for temporary enjoyments. Go for quality ones if you want a marriage.

Damnnnnn

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

We can offer:

• Intel G4560 CPU
    • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 2x 2 TB HDD
    • 15 TB bandwidth
    • 1 Gbps port
    • 1 IPv4 address
    • Datacenter Amsterdam

Price per month € 37.50 (excl. VAT if applicable)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: Better compete with quality and value rather than price; there’s always someone cheaper.

What do you do when the quality is better and price is lower?

Of course quality measurements are not purely objective as people's requirements differ...

I suppose there must be some sort of cost / quality ratio that is optimal for a certain segment of the market.

I suppose @cociu does not compete on the same level as you. I imagine that @cociu's primary focus is price, and then the supporting infra is built around that price.

At the premium end of things, presumably you have a list of requirements and you just meet them, with cost only as a secondary consideration. Meaning if you need a huge ass UPS with 1MWH of capacity you just find the best deal you can and pay whatever it costs. This model does not work well with the low end segment of the market....

cociu said: i do not collect vat

How?

The VAT threshold in Romania is only EUR 25k /yr. I'm pretty certain your turnover is considerably more than that, and your clientele are probably mostly EU based, so how do you get around that without breaking EU / Romanian law?

edited July 2018

@randvegeta said:

cociu said: i do not collect vat

How?

The VAT threshold in Romania is only EUR 25k /yr. I'm pretty certain your turnover is considerably more than that, and your clientele are probably mostly EU based, so how do you get around that without breaking EU / Romanian law?

And MOSS, even if below the threshold, but yeah, I'm not even interested in starting the discussion, that's one of the minor issues I can see there.

randvegeta said: I suppose there must be some sort of cost / quality ratio that is optimal for a certain segment of the market.

Yeah, but at the same time, one cannot continue providing great services below certain prices, as this would require cutting corners hence affecting quality for the majority that is with the provider as their quality is high.

Clouvider said: require cutting corners hence affecting quality for the majority that is with the provider as their quality is high.

Depends. It's probably mostly true for most people, but there are always areas of cost savings that do not necessarily reduce quality. And this is a major driving factor in human development. Things tend to get cheaper and better over time.

Elon Musk basically does this with all his companies. Space X is vastly cheaper than the competition, while Tesla has really driven the price of EVs down a lot. How he managed to do this was through identifying where something was too expensive and coming up with a cheaper alternative.

Pretty sure there is a lot of waste in most hosting companies (and every industry pretty much) with lots of scope for cost cutting without reducing quality or functionality.

Of course, not to the point of selling at a rate that allows you to break even in 4 years, if you're lucky, on a server though ;-).

Clouvider said: Of course, not to the point of selling at a rate that allows you to break even in 4 years, if you're lucky, on a server though ;-).

It does seem to be heading in that direction. But it also seems to be partly driven by the fact that hardware is not making the same leaps and bounds we used to see in the past.

We are seeing very small and incremental improvements with each generation, mainly only really in the power efficiency department, rather than raw performance. An E5-2670v1 is still better than an E5-2620v4 for example, and the 2670v1 is much cheaper.

The useful lifespan of CPUs seems to be increasing as the improvements slow down.

But that's only part of the equation.

Well, in the enterprise world I can only see price increases, every year, so there's that.

@Clouvider said:
    Well, in the enterprise world I can only see price increases, every year, so there's that.

That's a shame. How about DC and office space? Increasing every year? You a renter or owner?

Of course, everything goes up. The office building I rent (A whole floor), its rent goes up by exactly 5% every renewal (5 years).

Gas, water, power, they all have been going up here in Canada. In fact, it has gone up by around 40% compared to 10 years ago.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2018

@randvegeta said:

@Clouvider said:

That's a shame. How about DC and office space? Increasing every year? You a renter or owner?

Of course, it goes up. UK property market, and London, until last year especially, goes up A LOT.

Heck, the DDR4s that are up by 300% over 2 years or so.

I don't see where you can see this trend.

Well, wages don't go up as much as inflation does though which is causing some serious issues for low income households here.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Patron Provider

On behalf of SKB Enterprise B.V. I can offer you the following server:

B-X4-16

• AMD X4 950
    • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 240 GB SSD or 2 TB HDD
    • 1x IPv4
    • 1x /48 IPv6
    • 1 Gbps uplink
    • 25 TB traffic

Monthly price: € 35,00 (~ $40,79)
    Setup fee: € 0,00

Since this is a custom offer, it can only be ordered via a private message or e-mail. Our e-mail is [email protected]

If you're in need of custom offers, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]. You can also look at our other offers at https://skb-enterprise.com/dedicated-server/unmetered

Datacenter: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Network: AS64425

Why should you choose us instead of others?

• We're in business since 2013
    • We own the hardware were our customers run on
    • Our support is always available, even in the weekend and night. We usually reply within 1 hour
    • Monthly contracts
    • Gameservers, VPN, adult content and streaming is allowed on our network
    • Real-time insights into your traffic usage and Reverse DNS is configurable

Payment methods

• PayPal
    • CreditCard
    • Bank transfer
    • iDeal
    • Bitcoin
    • Sofort
    • Giropay
    • MyBank

Company details
    SKB Enterprise B.V.
    CoC The Netherlands: 69737770
    VAT: NL857990822B01
    Sales: [email protected]

Clouvider said: Of course, it goes up. UK property market, and London, until last year especially, goes up A LOT.

The problem of property inflation is more pronounced in HK. London is actually cheap by HK standards. No exaggeration.

Clouvider said: I don't see where you can see this trend.

Historically it has been true for all IT / Computer equipment. It has only been recently that RAM has gotten more expensive, and CPUs not falling (relative to performance) in price as fast as it used to.

But I was not really talking about the hosting industry, I was talking about things in general. With the exception of housing, just about everything we have today is cheaper (in real terms) than things were 20 years ago. Very few exceptions.

As for the whole rent increases, which seem to be endless, seems to be the strongest argument to buy. Although it does tie up a lot of capital... but if your returns can beat the market (and I don't mean the property market, but the market as a whole) then I suppose it's still better to rent.. but that's rarely a sure thing.

One of the biggest problems in our industry I think though is that infrastructure is everything, and you cannot easily move things around. This gives a lot of power to the landlords who can (and eventually will) increase your rent, knowing you have little choice. It has happened to us, and we basically had to start the business over. I'm not willing to take that risk again.

• Head over to hetzner re-circulated server auction https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

search for 'ent' in their searchbar and you'll find at least one Haswell cpu+32GB non-ECC ram +2x2TB Enterprise HDDs (with 20k-40k power-on hours) +20TB of gigabit transfer.

Expect roughly between 23 - 24 euro/month.

It's literally just backups. If you order today to try, you can cancel any day in next 14days if you're unhappy with say the disk age(without being invoiced) .

edited July 2018

vimalware said: search for 'ent' in their searchbar

vimalware said: non-ECC ram

Not compatible.

That's comparing apples with oranges :)