Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old Servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Old Servers

2»

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2018

@willie said:
    This was a DC, we called it a DC, it looked like any other DC from the inside, it has the usual DC stuff like Juniper fiber switches iirc, it has 1000s of servers, it has fulltime staff looking after it, it uses 30+ gbit of outbound bandwidth and something like 1MW of power. It is not a rack in a closet connected to Comcast Business. So I don't understand what distinction you're making.

Still not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a public data center that sells data center services to end users. Whether it was a data hall with raised floors or a closet with a server rack in it doesn't matter. I didn't mean to offend you, but like I said before what you're talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2018

Oh ok, fine, I still don't understand the relevance of whether the building started out as office space but no prob. And IIRC @Cociu's DC in Romania might have originally been a warehouse.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

willie said: Oh ok, fine, I still don't understand the relevance of whether the building started out as office space but no prob.

Somebody asked, I answered. All good. :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • willie said: And IIRC @Cociu's DC in Romania might have originally been a warehouse.

It still is.