Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to use ipv6 vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to use ipv6 vps

BardulfBardulf Member

Hi,
I bought ipv6 vps by mistake and I don't know how to use it, I try ipv6 on putty and I get "network error: network is unreachable", is there any way that I can use? any tutorial?

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2018

First of all, do you have ipv6 connectivity from where you are connecting from? If your isp doesnt provide that, use some 6over4 tunnel such as https://tunnelbroker.net

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2018

Vultr?

• BardulfBardulf Member
    edited June 2018

@Ympker said:
    Vultr?

no, yoctobox.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • BardulfBardulf Member
    edited June 2018

@vmhaus said:
    First of all, do you have ipv6 connectivity from where you are connecting from? If your isp doesnt provide that, use some 6over4 tunnel such as https://tunnelbroker.net

Unfortunately my isp doesn't support ipv6, is there any tutorial for 6over4?

• BruceBruce Member

what about vnc from the user panel

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

There are setup guides after registering and login at HE tunnelbroker.

• BardulfBardulf Member
    edited June 2018

@Bruce said:
    what about vnc from the user panel

Yes, it has vnc, but I want access ftp too.

• @Bardulf said:

@vmhaus said:

Unfortunately my isp doesn't support ipv6, is there any tutorial for 6over4?

Use Hurricane Electric tunnel broker.

• mkshmksh Member

That won't end well.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited June 2018

the nigh is end ( or i am high)

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • Don't they provide ssh to an IPv4 via a high port?

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited July 2018

HE static tunnel is the best choice and it's free. However if you just want a quick fix go into your router and set it to "6to4 Anycast Relay", and you're done.

In any case, like r00t4bl3 said, there's probably a port you can use for IPv4. Check your registration email.

• @Ole_Juul said:
    HE static tunnel is the best choice and it's free. However if you just want a quick fix go into your router and set it to "6to4 Anycast Relay", and you're done.

In any case, like r00t4bl3 said, there's probably a port you can use for IPv4. Check your registration email.

I have another problem, I have adsl modem, not router, I am not pro at this things, I wonder is there anyway that I setup HE tunnel directly on windows instead router?

• @Bardulf said:

@Ole_Juul said:

I have another problem, I have adsl modem, not router, I am not pro at this things, I wonder is there anyway that I setup HE tunnel directly on windows instead router?

Sorry, I have absolutely zero knowledge about Windows in that regard. Why don't you just get a router so you can have a bit of control over your own situation? It doesn't have to be expensive. That would also be an important tool to help you learn about networking. :)

Thanked by 1Bardulf
  • mkshmksh Member

@Bardulf said:

@Ole_Juul said:

Yes, afaik it can be done directly in Windows but as @Ole_Juul i can't help you with that. Letting your router do it is imo by far better than dealing with Windows anyways.

Thanked by 1Bardulf