Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How come one person on LEB has been featured 15 times since March? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How come one person on LEB has been featured 15 times since March?

2»

Comments

• Looks like @ryanarp is the next one to join the no-sig group. image

• smansman Member
    edited October 2013

Can anyone explain to me why some sites get DDoSed? I just don't get it. If you remove your tinfoil hat and assume it is not some conspiracy by competitors of course. Sure that probably happens the odd time but most of the time it just seems random. Who ever paints the biggest target kind of thing.

Are the people who DDoS just a bunch of little shits getting their jollies making a website not work for awhile or something? I just don't get it. Get a life.

Also, why can't their bots be shut down? I mean networksolutions.com was just hit and was down for a couple days. You would think they would go find these people and get a bunch of lawyers to make their life a living hell or something.

Seems DDoS is a big problem and nobody has found a practical and economical solution.

• @sman said:
    Can anyone explain to me why some sites get DDoSed? I just don't get it. If you remove your tinfoil hat and assume it is not some conspiracy by competitors of course. Sure that probably happens the odd time but most of the time it just seems random. Who ever paints the biggest target kind of thing.

Are the people who DDoS just a bunch of little shits getting their jollies making a website not work for awhile or something? I just don't get it. Get a life.

Also, why can't their bots be shut down? I mean networksolutions.com was just hit and was down for a couple days. You would think they would go find these people and get a bunch of lawyers to make their life a living hell or something.

Seems DDoS is a big problem and nobody has found a practical and economical solution.

I speak for no one here but from my personal opinion, people DDoS websites because they simply have nothing better to do with their lives. Also, sometimes it's just out of hate/revenge/jealousy.

No matter how hard anyone tries, you'll never be able to stop people from DDoSing (I think that's the word) websites. It's best just to learn how to protect yourself from a DDoS attack.

Also, my personal belief of why companies don't go after these people is simply because they're too hard to find. You can buy a bunch of servers anonymously and then disappear and sometimes the people aren't even in the US. Plus, i'm not sure if it's a crime..?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@Magiobiwan said:
    Looks like ryanarp is the next one to join the no-sig group. image

Actually @jbiloh moved me back to the normal group that doesn't have filtered signatures and then asked me after filtering me that I would kindly remove the VPSBoard.com from my signature. He did say that I would not be required to do this that was previously implied by his use of signature filters.

• I found the glitch!

Thanked by 3ihatetonyy ryanarp lbft
  • @bauhaus said:
    I found the glitch!

If only buffalooed were here - I'd be able to definitively tell him where that $1m went.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

LET runs on a cluster of 8 web servers, the problem with content not matching up right away appears to be related to memcached. We'll get it corrected shortly.

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited October 2013

@jbiloh said:
    LET runs on a cluster of 8 web servers

Total overkill! if LEA is reading this, he would be laughing his ass off

Thanked by 1chauffer
  • Yup, looks like the cluster is totally out of sync.

• c0yc0y Member

Ever heard of load balancers against floods, @jbiloh?

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

8 web servers... That is not a Low End Cluster.

• @Nick_A said:
    8 web servers... That is not a Low End Cluster.

It's 8x 64MB servers. Database runs on a commodore 64 :-D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@mpkossen said:

But someone is playing way of the exploding fist on it right now :)

• LOL The rage... people complaining that Colocrossing favours advertising Colocrossing offers, Manndude getting banned for violating one of the basic tenants of foruming, what's next? The negative 30% shrinkage of LE* brands?