Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need 64GB Ram Dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need 64GB Ram Dedicated server

Mesherp10Mesherp10 Member
edited June 2018 in Requests

Hi everyone,

I need this dedicated server specs:

Any E3v5 or E5 or i7-6700K
64GB Ram
120gb ssd
1gbps @ 5TB or 10TB BW would do
os: Windows Server 2012 Standard Trial or Windows 10 pro ill use my own license
Budget: $50 - $70

Payment method: DebitCard

Thanked by 1Spencer

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

budget?

• @Ympker said:
    budget?

50$ - 70$

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

If you can increase your budget slightly i can do E3-1240v5, 64GB DDR4, 1 x 240GB SSD, 30TB traffic in London Docklands, UK for £60.00/m.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You can neither get Windows Server Trial delivered on a paid server not get a Windows 10 due to license constrains.

Some who made you offers clearly either didn’t read the license (or did and are willing to breach it) or didn’t read your OP.

Thanked by 1TriJetScud
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2018

@Clouvider said:
    You can neither get Windows Server Trial delivered on a paid server not get a Windows 10 due to license constrains.

Some who made you offers clearly either didn’t read the license (or did and are willing to breach it) or didn’t read your OP.

You seem to love all restrictions based on your replies here. Don't tell me you even paid for winrar?

Im gonna buy server from you and download/seed torrents with it.

@stefeman said:

@Clouvider said:

You seem to love all restrictions based on your replies here. Don't tell me you even paid for winrar?

Write your own OS if you want to be in charge of licensing.

• @Clouvider said:

@stefeman said:

@Clouvider said:

Write your own OS if you want to be in charge of licensing.

Nah, even if you don't provide it, why do you care so much if others do?

• Clouvider said: You can neither get Windows Server Trial delivered on a paid server not get a Windows 10 due to license constrains.

I am not sure that is true for running your own license on dedicated hardware, how is that any different than a PC or Server under your desk?

• SilvestSilvest Member
    edited June 2018

As far as I know microsoft's licensing does not allow hosting companies to legally offer Windows 7/8/10.

Though you could buy a 1U server and install windows 10 and colocate it with someone. Microsoft allows this as the hardware is 100% owned by you.

Of course there are companies that offer these services nonetheless :P

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I thought 99.9% of people loathed Windows.

• Canada DC is sold out

• Mesherp10Mesherp10 Member
    edited June 2018

@Silvest said:
    As far as I know microsoft's licensing does not allow hosting companies to legally offer Windows 7/8/10.

Though you could buy a 1U server and install windows 10 and colocate it with someone. Microsoft allows this as the hardware is 100% owned by you.

Windows 10 is already legal however 7 & 8 are not (based on my provider before)

edited June 2018

@Mesherp10 said:

@Silvest said:

Then you should report your provider to Microsoft because it’s not ;-).

• Clouvider said: Then you should report your provider to Microsoft because it’s not ;-).

Think you might need to check what your provider is telling you...

Since July last year a cloud service provider has been able to license Windows 10 Enterprise edition in exactly that way. And from 2016 you were able to run windows 10 in a multi-tenant environment.

https://www.brianmadden.com/opinion/MIcrosoft-FINALLY-creates-a-cloud-service-provider-virtualization-license-for-Windows-10

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • zkyezzkyez Member

@Clouvider said:

@Mesherp10 said:

@Silvest said:

Isn't a qualified multitenant hoster program member provider allowing use of Win10 in the cloud?

• @Clouvider said:

@Mesherp10 said:

@Silvest said:

Nobody likes snitches.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@stefeman said:

@Clouvider said:

@Mesherp10 said:

@Silvest said:

Nobody likes snitches.

edited June 2018

stefeman said: Nobody likes snitches.

Nobody likes freeloaders and thieves either.

I'm not saying you're either but just to give you the perspective.

Thanked by 1Silvest
  • HxxxHxxx Member

I have paid for winrar before. Is top notch why not contribute... But that's my perspective from a Dev.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Clouvider said:

stefeman said: Nobody likes snitches.

Nobody likes freeloaders and thieves either.

I'm not saying you're either but just to give you the perspective.

I'd rather be thief than a snitch :P

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2018

Actually, I'd rather be a snitch than a thief in this specific case.

• What part of you can run Windows 10 legally are people struggling with? how is buying a valid license being a thief?

• YuraYura Member

Windows 10 is not a valid OS. Please insert disk and press any key.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • If you consider Hetzner is an option, I have a box with i7-7700 (non-k), 64G ram, 2x250G SSD is available for transfer. EUR39 monthly.

• @Clouvider

As long as the media is provided by the client and is manually installed after delivery of the server to the account, there's nothing to worry about.

@techhelper1 said:
    @Clouvider

As long as the media is provided by the client and is manually installed after delivery of the server to the account, there's nothing to worry about.

Unless you actively de-facto enable the Client through responding to an offer request where the Customer has a clear intention of doing so.

Thanked by 2levnode mksh
  • Clouvider said: Unless you actively de-facto enable the Client through responding to an offer request where the Customer has a clear intention of doing so.

Exactly. However, I would like to ask. Do you providers run any RDP-port-checker or something like that to detect Windows unauthorized install?

@levnode said:

Clouvider said: Unless you actively de-facto enable the Client through responding to an offer request where the Customer has a clear intention of doing so.

Exactly. However, I would like to ask. Do you providers run any RDP-port-checker or something like that to detect Windows unauthorized install?

No, but how is this relevant ?

• Clouvider said: No, but how is this relevant ?

Yep, it's not relevant. It's somehow related to this thread, not your comment. Sorry :D