Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Domain Reselling Program/API is the best/cheapest?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which Domain Reselling Program/API is the best/cheapest?

We will be launching a multi-blog platform soon & are just finishing implementation of domain names.

I have looked on google & found almost everyone referring to enom but enom's best plans which cost more than a thousand dollars at startup offer domain prices to the reseller that are higher than godaddy's direct-to customer prices !

Can you please guide me on different reseller programs that have a good api/price.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

p.s. not posting this in domains category because I didnt want people to think I was selling a domain or sth.

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I typically use internetbs's API with whmcs

Thanked by 1raza19
  • I use OnlineNIC for 10 years now..

Thanked by 1raza19
  • Been using resell.biz for a while now, no issues and works great.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • resellerclub.com

Thanked by 1raza19
  • Domainbox.com is great :D Have a bunch of TLDs, SSL reseller, free DNS, Mail Boxes, and so on.

They have a pre-built module to integrate with WHMCS and have (very) good price and stability. They have a very strict police about documents so, is possible that they ask you to send some data to verify your account.

If you don't want to use the pre-built module, they provide you a SOAP API or a storefront.

They have good panel and support too.

Another options are resellerspanel.com and resellerclub.

VERY IMPORTANT P.S.: namecheap is building a domain reseller plan, so, stay tunned :D

Thanked by 1raza19
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

We use ResellerClub and it has been working great for us. We've rarely needed to contact their support, but when we do they usually have live chat agents available all the time.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Been using eNom for about 3 years - great provider.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited October 2013

From what I have read so far internet.bs has the lowest rates at startup & it basically does not require any fee to join.

But then why isn't everyone using them ? whats the catch? Am I missing something ?
    Why would anyone pay more for a domain when its available for less ?

Please educate me on the matter, I know price is not always the point to consider but what else should I watch out for ?

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

Resellerclub not the cheapest, but it have a very good api and documentation, and support.

@raza19 no fee to signup though if you want to add funds to your account it requires $60 minimum per deposit if I recall correctly.

• @Fliphost said:
    raza19 no fee to signup though if you want to add funds to your account it requires $60 minimum per deposit if I recall correctly.

Always so helpful :) the only reason I dont have a vps from you is because I am waiting for other payment options.

But my final choice I guess will be between resell.biz or internet.bs .

I was wondering if our company will show up in the whois records of the domain we register through the reseller apis ? what is the standard norm here ? & could we shift our domains to another registrar if need be without disrupting service ?

@raza19 http://cl.ly/image/2J1M1K0z1Q0p

Shifting your domains would just be the same as a normal registrar transfer.

• Ok, sth weird, we were making api wrapper classes for resell.biz, internet.bs & since there is an offer at resellerclub too these days we decided to have a third reseller account as a backup.

To my amazement, resell.biz & resellerclub share "an identical api". Can't be a coincidence that both the websites have similar names while sharing exact apis.

Now, if there are the same company then there wouldn't be much advantage in having them for the purpose of redundancy, besides resell.biz offers cheaper prizes without much needed at startup. I don't really understand the math here :s this is like packaging the same sugar free coke into 2 different products diet & light.

Are they the same company or has the domain world come to a joint consensus on a standard api that I'm unaware of. Could one just be a sub-reseller of the reseller ?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

I have a wrapper script and im dealing with 6 API's at the moment.

• Domainbox, agreed they are quite good and does what it says on the tin, doesn't support .ca domains
    • Resellerclub, also hassle free
    • Namecheap, also hassle free

• srsplus, works fine but support is terrible. as long as you can sign up and fund your account fine then there shouldnt be an issue

• godaddy, there's a coupon somewhere to get 30-40% off buying yearly, I've just started using this API. You can only fund your account by wire transfer and will incur a $20 fee for deposits less than $1K
    • melbourne it, haven't got started on this one, but it's a manual signup and minimum $1K deposit.

One of them actually uses enom to register domains, can't remember which. Doesn't matter too much to me as I'm looking for some variability in the domains I purchase and having different/free DNS is useful.

Note that a lot of them require a deposit of some sort or will require you to wire money in directly. I wouldn't necessarily just go and pick the cheapest (also it's hard to define cheapest when prices per TLD are different).... but the 1st three I listed were certainly the easiest to set up and get running.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited October 2013

raza19 said: To my amazement, resell.biz & resellerclub share "an identical api". Can't be a coincidence that both the websites have similar names while sharing exact apis.

Reseller club aka public domain registry aka directi offers its services to companies looking to becoming registrars. As part of that it makes a turnkey product called logic box. It is basically a complete domain ordering and management solution for domain registrars. So that is why the API is the same.

But is resell.biz and resellerclub the same company? Look up the list of icann accredited registrars to find out.

Frankly I think adding support for 3 registrars is way overkill. One registrar is more than enough.

Thanked by 1raza19
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

I have used Internetbs.net in the past for domain reselling. I would recommend them.

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

Been using enom as well for a year or two now and no complaints here.

• Enom is not good: price+support+bugs in website when you want register nameservers, renew or transfer domains + sometimes they block accouts just because you are from a specified country....

• solarmansolarman Member
    edited October 2013

Internetbs.net been using them for two years with no complaints and good live chat support.

• Internetbs or eNom