Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 BuyVM $15 need a home
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2 BuyVM $15 need a home

WillOSWillOS Member
edited February 2012 in General

I'm happy to donate these to the first good cause that replies, if the friendly staff at buyvm don't mind sorting out the details.

I think I brought them on the 3rd August last year so they still have a bit longer to run.

Thanked by 3Mon5t3r Taylor Steve81

Comments

• Would I get one? :D

• I am desperate to try a BuyVM Service, Feel free to chuck one at me. :-)

• why do you deserve it? :)

btw. Legendlink has one so one left!

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited February 2012

I feel im a good cause, Im not a provider who has access to servers and vps's :P Would love to try and get my development of my price tracking website ( Aimed at computer parts up and running )

• Ok Taylor. You got it.

• @WillOS said: Ok Taylor. You got it.

>

Thanks, I will send my details over. Very much appreciate this. Know if @Aldryic could help us out :P

• Yes just going to say Legendlink and Taylor are the lucky ones can you PM me your details, email and what not and I will open a ticket and ask them to do the work if they don't mind that is.

Thanked by 2Legendlink Taylor
  • @WillOS Thank you :)

• @WillOS Thanks again (:

• Hit the "thanks" button guys..

Thanked by 1Taylor
  • No worries, nice to give something back. I've ticketed the guys at BuyVM, so hopefully they can help us out.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

If you dont have past relationship with buyVM, just forget about it. I tried last week with no success :(

• WillOSWillOS Member
    edited February 2012

Really? That surprises me. Can anybody else confirm this? They are very vocal members of this community.

I wouldn't have offered if I didn't think it was possible, going on what maxexcloo said here:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/23196

• @netomx said: I tried last week with no success

I am shocked as you are a regular long time contributor here, which @Aldryic stated was an alternative to having a prior/current good relationship with BuyVM

Yeah, me too... but well, I will wait for the eternal stock :( I can't put here the PM with him, but at least I didn't succeed.

• Yeah, sorry folks. I got burned making an exception to a transfer, so we're back to the normal regs for now (receiving account must have prior or active services and be in good standing.) I'll be thinking the issue over again, though... if I come up with a solution I'll post back.

In the meantime... Fran's finally narrowed down a date for the next release, and it's coming up soon.

@WillOS - if you're unable to find someone to transfer to, and you don't wish to keep them, you will get credited for the cancellations.

• @Aldryic said: In the meantime... Fran's finally narrowed down a date for the next release, and it's coming up soon.

When?

• If there are no other current BuyVM customers in the thread that have dibs, I'd love to take one of these.

• Every freaking time I see BuyVM I read it as BlueVM.

• @tux said: When?

I'll let Fran announce that when he's ready.

• @WillOS said: I've ticketed the guys at BuyVM, so hopefully they can help us out.

Kicked a reply your way, Will.

• I'd take it if it's still available. I want to get one when they're available anyway to use Hulu from Canada, and I meet @Aldryic's requirements.

@Aldryic maybe if we deposit a year of the VPS we have been trabsferred, can work as a good standing?

• @netomx said: maybe if we deposit a year of the VPS we have been trabsferred, can work as a good standing?

That's actually along the lines of what I'm considering. Only not having to deposit that much. I'm debating more along the lines of a small (1-2$) invoice that will, after payment, be credited to the account. That payment would let me audit an account as if it were a regular purchase, and give a good workaround to the 'must have service' bit.

Give me an hour or so to think this one over, and I'll reply back with an answer.

Thanked by 1Legendlink
  • WillOSWillOS Member
    edited February 2012

Thanks for all the help @Aldryic and apologies to all for not checking the reg situation. I think Legendlink does meet the critera so please confirm the request with a ticket Legendlink and I will send Aldryic my details.

• Sorry and p.s. ivanfilippov gets the second one if he is eligible.

@Aldryic said: That's actually along the lines of what I'm considering. Only not having to deposit that much. I'm debating more along the lines of a small (1-2$) invoice that will, after payment, be credited to the account. That payment would let me audit an account as if it were a regular purchase, and give a good workaround to the 'must have service' bit.

Give me an hour or so to think this one over, and I'll reply back with an answer.

A years sound better, don't you think? Because it is guaranteed that they will stay after the VPS expires and will renew it for a year. If you decide, count me in.

• Yea, this sounds like a good workaround. I created an account there and was approved by @Aldryic to buy one when it becomes available. If there is a way to prepay/deposit to get +repo i am willing to do that as well.

i would like to have a vps from here if it is still available. I would like to use it as a dev box and svn for some social projects for NGOs in South east Asia. Thanks.

Well... It have been more than a hour

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • upfreakupfreak Member
    edited February 2012

@Aldryic Give me an hour or so
    @netomx Well... It have been more than a hour

switching to so so mode then..