Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What cold storage/archiving solution do you use? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What cold storage/archiving solution do you use?

2»

Comments

• @ZiriusPH said:

BlaZe said: Personal -> Backblaze.

does backblaze care about what you put in your storage? can I also store my DMCA-triggering files there for personal use?

Backblaze's client has built-in encryption with a user defined key... they encourage you to encrypt everything so even if they wanted to, they can't snoop.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

mikewazar said: Backblaze's client has built-in encryption with a user defined key... they encourage you to encrypt everything so even if they wanted to, they can't snoop.

I imagine it depends if you share or not.

If you get Backdoor Patrol VIII from bittorrent and store it on b2, they won't care.

If you store it on b2 and put share links all over the Internet and Jeffrey Toobin starts sending DMCAs, then they'll care.

Thanked by 2ZiriusPH pullangcubo
  • googledrivegoogledrive Member
    edited August 2019

I use gmail drive. It's very user-friendly and easy to use. Moreover, your data is safe and secure in google drive

Mod Edit: Link obfuscated and user warned

Different mod edit: User signed up purely to spam, so treating as a spambot and banning

• ^ Nice SEO

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@googledrive said:
    I use gmail drive. It's very user-friendly and easy to use. Moreover, your data is safe and secure in google drive

Please don't necro old thread and SEO. I wonder why you have irrelevant contents on your domain that is supposed to be used for online courses.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs