Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centriohost: lousy way to treat a repeat customer - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centriohost: lousy way to treat a repeat customer

13»

Comments

• So what are your posts accomplishing and why do you care? Are you his lover? Now I am interested in why YOU care so much?

Cheers!

• CentrioHost have been known to rip website designs. Run nulled copies of WHMCS. Steal WHMCS skins and much much more.

So non of this surprises me and the fact he is advertising on here and that people buy stuff from him is completely shocking.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited October 2013

@LV_Matt said:
    So non of this surprises me and the fact he is advertising on here and that people buy stuff from him is completely shocking.

Not so shocking when you consider that he was selling $2 wildcard certificates (reselling them), which were valid.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@joelgm said:
    Not so shocking when you consider that he was selling $2 wildcard certificates (reselling them), which were valid.

I'd buy a $2 wildcard from a 70 year old hooker.

Thanked by 2Maounique johhhn
  • @jarland said:
    Yeah that's kinda my thought. I mean sure poor choice on a response from centriohost, because this thread only went the direction of going after him after he said it, but the truth of the matter is that this thread is all about the OP being cheap as hell and being offended by a simple suggestion that if he knows where to get the price he wants, he should go there and get it. If you know of a company selling a product for a better price and you don't want their product, perhaps that speaks for itself, does it not?

Said perfectly :)

While I don't condone the language used and as a customer wouldn't want that said to me I think perhaps it was a bit overboard, it doesn't change my out look of Centriohost and his awesome deals, he was helpful to me.

It's posts like these that make me a little peeved there's no need to be angry at the provider because they are out of stock and you can't afford the full price... Hell I looked yesterday to buy another one at $2 and saw they were back to $140+ (that I can't afford because I am a cheap c word and the fact I didn't actually need it for anything special) you don't see me making a post about it...

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

This is surely some kind of insane trolling? A host having a customer make a complaint in public, and the first post they make uses the very worst kind of profanity possible, without attempting to rectify the problem at hand.

Not sure if serious, but CentrioHost just lost themselves a fair amount of business from LET/LEB.

• Let's stop this guys, it's not even his business...

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    That was an entertaining read. Even I couldnt bring those words to come out of my mouth to the public. All I have to say is.... wow.

tears in my eyes :) a twist ! Glad!

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@LV_Matt said:
    CentrioHost have been known to rip website designs. Run nulled copies of WHMCS. Steal WHMCS skins and much much more.

wait, what?! nulled copy of WHMCS? Can you give me proof?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

@netomx said:
    wait, what?! nulled copy of WHMCS? Can you give me proof?

Screenshots and a confirmation from WHMCS that Centriohost was using a pirated copy

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=910887&page=2

Centriohost ripping a template:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=949104&highlight=centriohost

...and a quote from Centriohost after they got caught using a nulled WHMCS:

WHMCS, if we used nulled or, real thats not a issue for us. Nulled WHMCS means nothing. The main thing whats our client gets for us. Centriohost.com already a leading name in hosting business, not that? Why you people talk against us? And also note that dont send fake review against us. TQ.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6693475&postcount=28

Doing chargebacks against their suppliers is another favorite pastime:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=6693491&postcount=30

TL;DR there's 4 years of nothing but bad reviews and complaints on WHT about Centriohost and I'm in agreement with LV_Matt's statement "the fact he is advertising on here and that people buy stuff from him is completely shocking." WHT had the good sense to ban him.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

As jarland said, i would buy a 2$ SSL cert from anyone. I am sure that, if he makes some profit, will not be much to invest in something useful for him.
    But, yeah, it is rare seeing someone shooting themselves like this... Not even in the foot, more like in the head.

• @jarland said:
    I'd buy a $2 wildcard from a 70 year old hooker.

@Maounique said:
    As jarland said, i would buy a 2$ SSL cert from anyone. I am sure that, if he makes some profit, will not be much to invest in something useful for him.
    But, yeah, it is rare seeing someone shooting themselves like this... Not even in the foot, more like in the head.

Judging by his history, the only way he is making is money on this will be by making charge backs on the SSLs.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@DomainBop thanks for that, will not renew the cert I got from him, and will not use them again. Not good using pirated copies.

• @domainbop Thanks, I actually didnt know that the history of centriohost was so extensive - I probably will not renew my certificate either.

I did contact alphassl at one point to get a statement on how a reseller could be undercutting everyone in the industry - however they did not respond to my request for comment.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Basically buyer beware on these guys, I am sure they mean well, however you can't advertise a product and say you offer free reissue, when not reissue the certificate. Stick to Namecheap or a more respectable name.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ryanarp said:
    Basically buyer beware on these guys, I am sure they mean well, however you can't advertise a product and say you offer free reissue, when not reissue the certificate. Stick to Namecheap or a more respectable name.

Why do you need a reissue? Text me hoe.

• keep digging people ....
    sure its past 6 feet now

• We will offer ssl certificate soon, the main issue is we are out of stock and thats why people are making bad noise and keep digging 3 years old scam. However you people really need to know we have very good market as well. So these things will not impact our business at anyway.

When we will restock our ssl certificate again, we will announce it, probably at LET. I personally very busy on here with our hosted customers. So I cant restock more ssl on here due to work, Eid vacation and so on. We incur very little profit with such ssl certificates sale. We just provide them to here for few people who want to use wild card ssl certificate, but cant purchase due to price. I also found most of existing members even enjoyed it. 5K ssl was sold. Specially from China and Korea I got mass amount of order rather than other countries. Its was hard time for us to process such mass orders with huge amount of support ticket as well. So its really not small thing that if we cant provide service, we definitely got 5000 bad reviews against us. Since we have large amount of clients on here, few people found aggressive reply because they open ticket even without know what they done. Some come here for refund for ssl certificate which is issued. Is that legitimate at all? As soon we process authorization mail, that automatically deduct 1 ssl from our stock and globalsign does not offer any refund for that to us. I really lost interest to offer ssl on LET for now. This really does not matter even if I will offer or, not, thats really not my main business. We are just a reseller hosting provider and thats really what we do. So even I left ssl certificate sale, does not bother to me. I got huge amount of request to offer that certificate promotion again. I will change my mind later, if I got free. Right now Im busy with my business work. So no further ssl will be restock at this moment. In future if we will offer this, we will inform.

• I have to admit if they cant beat the price their not to blame you can just take your services elsewhere. However reading centriohosts comments on this thread is no way to conduct business, GOD I got some clients that are a pain in the ass and want everything for pennys. However these people pay my wages and are automatically entitled to a certain amount of respect and name calling like that is uncalled for.

• For a $2 wildcard SSL, the vendor can call me whatever names they want.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@ryanarp said:

What are you going to beware of? CentrioHost calling customers names? Yes, that's clearly unprofessional, but there's been no known cases where CentrioHost committed fraud or didn't deliver an expected product. They had their $2/yr and $10/yr promotions for a short duration and decided to end them, so they should not be expected to continue selling cheap SSL certificates.

This isn't a VPS service. CentrioHost hasn't and has no incentive to revoke any certificates. Furthermore, AlphaSSL is better supported in browsers than the certificates NameCheap offers.

As for reissue, OP didn't want to reissue his certificate, that would only be needed if he lost his SSL private keys. He wanted to buy a new one and I'm pretty sure CentrioHost didn't guarantee that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:
    For a $2 wildcard SSL, the vendor can call me whatever names they want.

haha classic... and on that note I suggest sinking this one.

• ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

I'm glad I never got a response from them last week when I tried to find out if they were going to have those prices again... i hate for people to call me names if i haven't shown the same lack of respect.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    haha classic... and on that note I suggest sinking this one.

I've picked up several from Centrio, I haven't had any problems so far. I also haven't needed support etc . . . but I wouldn't expect much for $2.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Microlinux said:

Was the coupon code: Iwillcallyouac**tifyouusethis ?

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@perennate said:
    As for reissue, OP didn't want to reissue his certificate, that would only be needed if he lost his SSL private keys. He wanted to buy a new one and I'm pretty sure CentrioHost didn't guarantee that.

I am speaking on my personal experience with their customer support and doing a reissue. I was able to find my private key a few days later. The product is solid and you get what you pay for. Just hope you never loose a private key :)