Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Updated VPS SSD Range !!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Updated VPS SSD Range !!!

JacquesJacques Member, Host Rep
edited June 2018 in Providers

Hey !

Last week OVH updated VPS SSD1: repriced to 2,99€ a month / Storage extended to 20Go

Yesterday, VPS SSD2 & VPS SSD3 have also been refreshed :-D
VPS SSD2 Storage extended to 40 Go for the same price !
VPS SSD3 Storage extended to 80 Go for the same price !

You don't have an OVH VPS yet, and you're willing to try ? That's awesome for you.
You already have a VPS SSD and you'd like to get more storage for free, we knew you would.
Starting form next week, all clients who were using previous SSD Range will be able to upgrade their VPS to any VPS of the refreshed range (just get more storage for the same price or level up in the range).

Jacques

Thanked by 1WebGuru

Comments

• r0xzr0xz Member

what?

• mkshmksh Member

Copy paste?

• JacquesJacques Member, Host Rep

@r0xz said:
    what?

You red it well. More storage for free.

@mksh said:
    Copy paste?

Not really.

• mkshmksh Member

@Jacques said:

@mksh said:
    Copy paste?

>

Not really.

OK. Reads like an ad though.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Who the hell is this guy???

Thanked by 1mksh
  • TomTom Member

Isn't this the third thread on this topic?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ovh impersonator?

Thanked by 2mksh Clouvider
    edited June 2018

@Shot2 said:
    Who the hell is this guy???

I'm Jacques. Is there a need to precise I'm part of OVH team ?

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

Jacques, yes, please, if you're with OVH then please open a ticket (https://support.lowendtalk.com) asking for a Host Representative tag (so it will show up next to your username). Note that a few of your colleagues are already here, so you might want to coordinate with them. @wokenwoll @OVH_Apac

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@willie said:
    Jacques, yes, please, if you're with OVH then please open a ticket (https://support.lowendtalk.com) asking for a Host Representative tag (so it will show up next to your username). Note that a few of your colleagues are already here, so you might want to coordinate with them. @wokenwoll @OVH_Apac

you missed @OVH_Matt

@willie said:

Thanks for the advice. Done.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I hope you are real OVH representative, 4 other representatives use formal English and most importantly spell OVH right (whereas you spell it as OHV in first post)

• mkshmksh Member

@FAT32 said:
    I hope you are real OVH representative, 4 other representatives use formal English and most importantly spell OVH right (whereas you spell it as OHV in first post)

Also they don't plenk and know how to quote. If this guy really is an OVH employee he might want to put a little more effort into his posts.

• lionlion Member

@mksh said:

Also they don't plenk

Well to be fair, it's normal in the French language.

Thanked by 1bjrjk
  • mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@lion said:

@mksh said:

Also they don't plenk

Well to be fair, it's normal in the French language.

Yeah, i know. A couple languages technically advocate at least thin spacing in front of punctuation. Yet, even among those languages hardly any serious person writes like this (looks awful and is technically problematic). Besides he is writing english where those spaces simply don't exist and his spacing is not even consistent.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2018

@mksh said:

@FAT32 said:

Also they don't plenk and know how to quote. If this guy really is an OVH employee he might want to put a little more effort into his posts.

WTF is "plenk"? Can't find it in any dictionary.

(BTW, the presence of spacing in front of most punctuation marks is perfectly normal in many languages, both typographically and technically sound; only ignoramuses would omit the spacing)

• @Shot2 said:

@mksh said:

@FAT32 said:

(BTW, the presence of spacing in front of most punctuation marks is perfectly normal in many languages, both typographically and technically sound; only ignoramuses would omit the spacing)

He probably meant plank ;)

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@Shot2 said:

@mksh said:

@FAT32 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plenken - I can also very much assure you for german the amount of people still placing whitespace in front of punctuation is nothing but a sad minority. Besides all of this is kinda irrelevant since we are discussing an english text.

Guys, I'll be honnest. I am the one who posted because my colleague who usually does it, is off. :-P
    Yes I am truly an OVH member, and yes, I confess, my EN punctuation is not my greatest quality.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

That was hard to read. I think Google translator would do a better job.

Anyway, can you please make these changes to OVH Public Cloud sandbox instances as well please! Thx!

Thanked by 1FHR
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Jacques said:
    Guys, I'll be honnest. I am the one who posted because my colleague who usually does it, is off. :-P
    Yes I am truly an OVH member, and yes, I confess, my EN punctuation is not my greatest quality.

No worries. Welcome to LET, Jacques!!!

Thanked by 1FHR
  • Nice!

• Hi folks, I was off during 2 weeks (back today) and Jacques is a true colleague :)

Gonna read all your posts and answer it during the week.

Thanked by 3FHR Eased pullangcubo
  • sinsin Member

I managed to install FreeBSD on it but when using Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge, the KVM Console shows double characters when I type (typing root shows as rroott)...with Linux it's fine it's just on FreeBSD that it happens. The only solution I found was to use Internet Explorer 11.

• @Eased said:
    Anyway, can you please make these changes to OVH Public Cloud sandbox instances as well please! Thx!

This! @wokenwoll

edited June 2018

@albertdb said:

@Eased said:

This! @wokenwoll

Early july, PCI Sandbox range will be refreshed :-D

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @Jacques said:

Early july, PCI Sandbox range will be refreshed :-D

We shall be expecting :D

• xaocxaoc Member

I tried upgrading one server and the order completed after a day or so but nothing else changed. Should i manually reboot it to apply the upgrade or should i give it more time to complete? The other server i upgraded was rebooted automatically after a short period of time so i'm a bit confused at the moment.