Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite RAID controller?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is your favorite RAID controller?

Brand and model + comments are welcome.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I know my experience doesn't measure the length of time of many others, but the LSI-9260 has just been top notch in my experience. Powerful, easy on the system when rebuilding a drive, sufficiently resistant to data corruption under less than desirable circumstances, not entirely unaffordable.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I have always been a fan of the LSI-9271/9266 RAID card

• fapvpsfapvps Member
    edited October 2013

I know and use LSI 9240's and 9260's but my favorites are the Adaptec 3405 and the 5405Z because of the superior real world performance.

• edited October 2013

Can't go wrong with LSI. IBM/HP/Dell/Intel all OEM a bunch of their storage controllers from LSI for good reason. FWIW, I'm running a mix of 9260/9266 RAID cards and 9207 HBAs. The only thing that annoys me is MegaCli - although very powerful, it's like they deliberately tried to make the switches/commands as cryptic as possible. Also, their WebBIOS is hideous :/

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

The LSI 9271 is a fantastic controller.

• @Fliphost said:
    I have always been a fan of the LSI-9271/9266 RAID card

Yep. 9271. 9266 is the old model. If you're using HDDs, there isn't much difference.