Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds -- Service Migrations - NYC -> NJ (completed) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds -- Service Migrations - NYC -> NJ (completed)

Comments

• @Zen said:
    Please tell me you are forwarding the networking as part of the migration process..please. Cause if not then 24 hours is just too short and that live migration is going to end tits up less you have a low amount of customers (vzmigrate with live option is a general bitch 90% of the time)

EDIT:

See you changed the date, but still bad timing IMO (I prefer to do migrations at off peak 1-2AM or such)

All IP's will be forwarded to there new home. if clients have any further needs IE port forwarding etc then they will have to update us with that needs doing.

We're a relatively small operation still, so there wouldn't be a big issue with the migration due to size. Though our time is within UK time, this would be happening quite late at night for some.

As said those who wish to be migrated over now can do so by request. We can provide IP details before hand if required providing you contact us and let us know when you wish to be transferred over.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Reece I'd rather not go to Buffalo or any other over saturated place thanks. NJ via Colo@ suits our needs just fine :)

CC has a presence in choopa NJ

• @Fliphost said:
    CC has a presence in choopa NJ

I'm still quite fine thanks. Besides that previously when contacting CC (Some months back) we never got a reply ;D.

We've done a good percentage of migrations so far upon client requests. Anybody wishing to be migrated over before the start date please let us know. We've got all hands on deck all weekend to assist.

Reece

• I needed a NYC VPS too :/ I guess I'll be going with @INIZ!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @jake said:
    I needed a NYC VPS too :/ I guess I'll be going with INIZ!

Hey stop trying to cause trouble :)

Thanked by 1perennate
  • why are you still showing "Dedicated Minds - Manhattan, New York City VPS"

• irmirm Member

@MorningIris said:
    why are you still showing "Dedicated Minds - Manhattan, New York City VPS"

While a quick change to make, im pretty sure changing their signature on lowendtalk.com is one of the last things on their mind at this moment.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

@MorningIris said:
    why are you still showing "Dedicated Minds - Manhattan, New York City VPS"
    @fcfc said:
    While a quick change to make, im pretty sure changing their signature on lowendtalk.com is one of the last things on their mind at this moment.

This certainly is the least of our priorities at the moment.

However I've changed it :)

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

Odd it was changed back? Who did that?

Anyhow we've migrated a good 40 - 60% of our clients already upon their request.

If you wish for us to process it quicker then please let us know.

• @Reece said:
    Odd it was changed back? Who did that?

Anyhow we've migrated a good 40 - 60% of our clients already upon their request.

If you wish for us to process it quicker then please let us know.

I have a feeling MySQL replication was setup on LEB recently and its acting a little iffy causing odd results.

• @Reece said:
    Hey stop trying to cause trouble :)

If he was realllly trying to start trouble he would have said the forbidden (on LEB/T) name: End of Reality :P

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Zen said:
    Still doing it for me too, posts just vanish then reappear.

We'll look into this right away. I wish stuff would just work like it's supposed to!

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

Server has been down for hours with no update :/. They said they weren't starting the migration until tomorrow morning GMT.

• I have to agree with @Concerto49 on this one. @Reece has been very good in terms of customer service, but the main reason I chose them WAS because it was an NYC datacenter. I was using the fact that I had a VPS in nyc to curry interest in some wall street types, and now I'll have to find another host so that I'm not lying to my clients.

What sucks even more is that I paid semi-annually and it hasn't even been a month yet.

• the main reason I chose them WAS because it was an NYC datacenter

The actual latency from Clifton to Manhattan is 0.5ms to <2ms depending on the location in Manhattan. In some cases Colo@ in Clifton might have lower latency to some points in Manhattan than Uquity's NYC location had because Ubiquity's network is...umm...

• LeeLee Veteran

@jack - Is that all you do, constantly @ someone...

• @DomainBop said:

That's fine, and I understand that. But not everyone in this world is as tech savvy, smart, or willing to even listen (I'm talking about the wall street guys I deal with). They want to see a Manhattan host. They don't know anything about ping or this or that. They just want to see that it is in manhattan and no where else. On my part, it's basically just a gimmick. But it's important to me nonetheless.

• Services have been migrated smoothly. We had about 3 VM's which stopped during a backup we made last night so they was down for sometime while that was taking place.. I believe 1 of them was transferred ou a little early due to this.

@perennate if you haven't already please open a support ticket. Each client has one open for the migration anyhow so please speak to us via that if you are still facing any problems.

@RobJud We've done our best to fit all of our clients needs without moving to far away, as said we're only about 0.5ms difference from NYC, upon that we do indeed have other bandwidth providers within our network which is a big improvement.

Please contact us if you have any queries were more than happy to have a chat and work out any issues clients may have.

Other than that, I'd like to thank everyone for your support in the migration it's been successfully minus a few little snags.

I am running a ServerBear now on the new servers so people can get a better idea of things.

Reece

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

VPS is online in NJ now, it was down for several hours earlier because of some problem on their side.

Thanked by 1jake
  • @perennate said:
    VPS is online in NJ now, it was down for several hours earlier because of some problem on their side.
    @perennate said:

Hi Perennate,

I believe we've spoken via ticket already but this was due to the backups a few VM's got stopped for some unknown reason after it. Only major problem we had was this and a bit of throttling of our port at occasions.

Please let me know if there is anything we can help with.

Reece

• all my vps are back.....
    not bad

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

@enitan092 said:
    all my vps are back.....
    not bad

That's what I like to hear!

Did you get the resource upgrade? If not contact us via ticket :)

Reece

• enitan092enitan092 Member
    edited October 2013

@Reece
    asking now

• @Reece so what's the promo code now?

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

@MorningIris said:
    Reece so what's the promo code now?

What would that be for? :)

Reece

• @Reece Never mind.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited October 2013

We wasn't planning on offering any specials at the moment, however I can't see why not -- Heres a little something for the LET community.

$9.99/YEAR 128 YEARLY | ORDER HERE

• 2 Cores | 128MB RAM Guaranteed | 12GB Storage (RAID10) | 300GB BW @ 1Gbps | 1 IPv4

2GB NJ SPECIAL $6.50/Month OR $15.00/Quarterly | ORDER HERE

• 4 Cores | 2GB Guaranteed RAM | 60GB Storage (RAID10) | 1TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps | 2 IPv4

50% OFF? 30% OFF? or what about a 15% OFF Recurring?

Some coupons to take advantage off while they last:

Monthly Term only:

• 50% OFF FIRST MONTH -- LIMITED TO 10 -- Coupon: JEKYDV9J0K

• 30% OFF FIRST 2 MONTHS -- LIMITED TO 10 -- Coupon: KMX6MF6Y8D

• 15% OFF RECURRING -- UNLIMITED USE -- Coupon: W15

All of which are based in Clifton, New Jersey
    We have Savvis, Level3, Global Crossing, Abovenet as Network Providers.

Enjoy :)

• @Reece said:

• 150% OFF RECURRING -- UNLIMITED USE -- ** Coupon:** W15

So you pay me? :)

• @stirfriedpenquin said:
    So you pay me? :)

Whoopsie! Thanks for pointing that one out :)

• is this 128MB RAM with 128vswap or 128mb dedicated only?

This discussion has been closed.