Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good storage server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good storage server?

dnwkdnwk Member

Needs 500GB-1TB with 1G+ Ram

Comments

• Budget, location?

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Location?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@jetchirag said:
    Budget, location?

<$25 North America preferred

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@dnwk said:

@jetchirag said:
    Budget, location?

Please Check our Plans : Storage VPS Plans

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@dnwk said:>

Please check

http://letbox.com/page/storage

• williewillie Member

http://www.lowendstorage.win/ is still up but wow, it's almost unreadable now.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@willie said:
    http://www.lowendstorage.win/ is still up but wow, it's almost unreadable now.

?

What's wrong with it? Looks fine to me.

Thinking about converting the table into a D3.js table design though. Probably will handle the abundance of information better than the current style.

Thanked by 1dnwk
  • williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

At least in my browser, the font is too small to read. I can PM you a screen shot if you want. But it looks to me like there are more columns than there were before, so they can't be displayed at a reasonable size.

The D3 example looks better but that might be because it has fewer columns. Do you think of making a JSON dump available? Is there already a link for that?

edited June 2018

@willie said:
    At least in my browser, the font is too small to read. I can PM you a screen shot if you want. But it looks to me like there are more columns than there were before, so they can't be displayed at a reasonable size.

I'm aware of some issues on smaller screens. The table I picked doesn't scale too well, especially with all the columns that were later added.

It looks halfway decent on a 1080p screen:

But agreed that improvements can be made. The D3.js table linked above should fix some of these issues and scale a little better.

The D3 example looks better but that might be because it has fewer columns. Do you think of making a JSON dump available? Is there already a link for that?

No there's not currently, nor do I really plan on doing it. Site could definitely use a rework as it's all just manually inserted HTML code (cringe, I know). So a json dump and parser would definitely be beneficial.

• williewillie Member

Your 1080p screen shot looks a ton better on my 1366x768 laptop than the site itself does. I think these days you also have to take phone browsers into consideration. I tend to favor old school web design that exercises as little control as possible over the style, so the user's browser can decide for itself, but I'm probably a throwback in that issue. Still, if the existing table didn't try to set the font size, I suspect the browser would have done something reasonable.

• MGarbisMGarbis Member
    edited June 2018

On the phone's screen it's quite funny. :)

@MGarbis said: On the phone's screen it's quite funny. :)

Yeah, agreed :P. Was decent when it was just 6 or 7 columns. But in its current state it doesn't look too nice.