Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control Panel For E-Mail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Control Panel For E-Mail

AlyssaDAlyssaD Member

Firstly, I can easily setup with a few hours of my time an email server. However, I am a bit lazy as of recent and wanted a control panel to manage, and deal with emails. Does anyone have any good control panels out there, that have some basic tools for handling emails and such. I was thinking of ISPconfig, or maybe... vestacp.

Looking for it to be self-hosted, open source or free. Work on Debian Linux.

I'd like a bit more tools to manage the E-Mail server than vestacp provides.

Thanked by 1vimalware

Comments

• ArisCArisC Member

MailCow

Thanked by 1AlyssaD
  • FalzoFalzo Member

ispconfig should be a good choice, afaik you can choose which services you want to install and it can even handle a second server as fallback mx ...

Thanked by 1AlyssaD
  • karjajkarjaj Member

+1 ISPConfig

Thanked by 1AlyssaD
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

@AlyssaD said:
    Anyone used? https://modoboa.org/en/

If I am not mistaken MailCheap uses this as backend.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited June 2018

If I remember correctly Mailcheap uses Moboboa, not personal used it so not sure if it's any good.

Edit I mostly sure am right as a other user Nik posted the same just before me never seen it since I was typing at the time.

• sarahsarah Member
    edited June 2018

Cloudron recently announced a free tier which includes the email server (has unlimited domains as well).

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

It's coming soon, so stay tuned.

Self-hosted, works with any control panel and free for 1 server with up to 5 users.

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • LeviLevi Member

Iredmail

Thanked by 2ariq01 Shazan
  • krudaliskrudalis Member
    edited June 2018

the awesome selfhoted list has a lot of them - https://github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted#email

• Vesta cp is more easy and convenient than isp config but in isp config, you get more options.

Thanked by 1karjaj
  • Directadmin

• What extra do you want and you can't find in the list of your current control panels?

@CrossBox said:
    It's coming soon, so stay tuned.

Self-hosted, works with any control panel and free for 1 server with up to 5 users.

and I thought it is IMAP/POP client only?

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider

@cyberpersons

You have an option during the standalone installation to enable the complete email server setup with out of the box:

• IMAP/SMTP/POP3 server (with DKIM, SPF, DMARC)
    • Anti-spam (inbound/outbound) with learning enabled (when users move email from inbox to junk, learning is applied)
    • Anti-virus (inbound/outbound)

• @CrossBox

Backend is postfix?

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2018

AlyssaD said: Firstly, I can easily setup with a few hours of my time an email server. However, I am a bit lazy as of recent and wanted a control panel to manage, and deal with emails.

If you simply want to ease the process of account creation/deletion and you're using postfix then look at postfix admin - http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net/

It can be integrated nicely into an existing mail setup.

• lemonlemon Member

@LTniger said:
    Iredmail

as someone who uses the free and the paid one: the free one is a pain in the ass.

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LeviLevi Member

lemon said: the free one is a pain in the ass

Couldn't agree more. But it get's job done.

• @LTniger said:

lemon said: the free one is a pain in the ass

Couldn't agree more. But it get's job done.

@lemon said:

@LTniger said:
    Iredmail

as someone who uses the free and the paid one: the free one is a pain in the ass.

If it is a pain to use than I don't want it. The idea of the control panel is to save time, make things easier... not harder. If I wanted harder I would have just kept using the CLI for all configs. I just didn't want to spend the time searching through the server looking for config options.

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

How many email/domain are you looking at?

If only one domain you can always just get smartermail for free.

• @lonea said:
    How many email/domain are you looking at?

If only one domain you can always just get smartermail for free.

It would be a few domains.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited June 2018

AlyssaD said: It would be a few domains.

What exactly do you want this control panel to do? You say you can "easily setup with a few hours of my time an email server". Fine. What's the problem beyond that?

• @sleddog said:

AlyssaD said: It would be a few domains.

What exactly do you want this control panel to do? You say you can "easily setup with a few hours of my time an email server". Fine. What's the problem beyond that?

Easy setup, logging, showing of queue. Id love some reputation information and others bits as well if it could. Mostly just a nice panel that gives me easier access to info about the email server in general.

Spam prevention...

Rule supporting....

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I've used mailcow before. It does like a lot of RAM (works on a 1GB vps with swap) but the admin interface for domain/account management is quite nice.

• ma2tma2t Member

poste.io do the job