Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to offer Cloud hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to offer Cloud hosting?

I have a hosting company and I'm currently owning many OVH dedicated servers. I've been providing shared, vps and dedicated servers (managed) but I'd like to go further and start offering cloud hosting.

I see many competitors have started to offer it and I'd like to know which are the steps in order to start offering this service as well.

Comments

• Thanked by 3lemon FlamesRunner imok
  • cloferbacloferba Member
    edited June 2018

@Gravely said:

Yes, is it a bad idea to try to be better and stay updated? I know many competitors that offer cloud hosting and a pretty bad management service

• mkshmksh Member

You need to install cloudsrv.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

What "cloud"? It seems like so many companies have their own definitions of cloud when offering service so point to what you want to offer specifically instead of just wanting to use the term. Are you wanting some failover/HA solution or something?

• Cloud is marketing fluff.

Thanked by 1Claverhouse
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Cloud OS comes to my mind.

• imokimok Member
    edited June 2018

Cloud like "premium cloud shared web hosting"? Or cloud like Digital Ocean or OVH Cloud?

Anyway, if you are a hosting provider you should know the basic steps already. Instead, you should be asking about how to solve the problems you encountered.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Well if you're serious then here's what it takes

Separate nodes only for Storage powered by 40++ Gig uplinks for properly utilizing the I/O capacity of the RAIDED Storage.

Compute nodes with beastly raw processing power which will hold the VM's actual containers so you can easily switch to other nodes in events of node failure due to any catastrophic failure thus storage remains safe and you can achieve HA.

Coming down to network you need to have a blend of 2 or more uplink providers with N+1 Redundancy in everything and proper bandwidth to compensate for the large cluster.

You need powerful routers to manage traffic load and still have space for more uplinks when required.

Then comes the software, you can always go for OpenStack + Cloudstack or OpenNebula or alot of other popular opensource softwares out there.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • You don't.

• AidanAidan Member

Not sure if you want to, the amount of helium required to get servers into the cloud isn't worth it anymore.

• @Aidan said:
    Not sure if you want to, the amount of helium required to get servers into the cloud isn't worth it anymore.

Don't forget the phosphorus!

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Aidan said:

We had great success with hydrogen

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @FHR said:

@Aidan said:

We had great success with hydrogen

That might blow up though.

• YuraYura Member

@mksh said:

Works great upto 250 servers.

• twaintwain Member

@Yura said:

@mksh said:

Works great upto 250 servers.

I've found cloudd to be quite a bit more reliable.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Well it mainly depends on the type of cloud service you are after. ;)

• @florianb

That was the idea :)

Thanked by 1florianb
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Why not use the OVH public cloud with cPanel? That what we do. Seems to work well for now.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2018

@cloferba said:

@Gravely said:

Yes, is it a bad idea to try to be better and stay updated? I know many competitors that offer cloud hosting and a pretty bad management service

VestaCP offers a really good cloud panel. If you look in the config, there’s an option called cloudPanel=0.

Just change it to 1 and you have a panel with HA, multi-node support, V4/V6 networking and more! Only thing is that there is a one time fee (payable to @teamacc).