Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global SolusVM Panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Global SolusVM Panel

Jake4Jake4 Member
edited June 2018 in General

Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours creating a Global SolusVM Panel that I can use to manage my Idle collection of VPSes (from a wide range of hosts). Would any of you use it if I release this publicly so you can use it or play around with it?
Pictures:
Homepage:

Server Management:

Add Server:

If you think it's a good Idea to release I'll finish it off more and correct some errors.

Should I release this?
  1. Should I release this?60 votes
    1. Yes
      80.00%
    2. No
        1.67%
    3. Pineapple
      18.33%

Comments

• TomTom Member

That looks really nice actually!

• Toss it on Github

Thanked by 2imok Aidan
  • Jake4Jake4 Member

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

I'll prob stick it on a site instead where you can enter your details (passwords encrypted) rather than on github as then you don't have to host it.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

I'll prob stick it on a site instead where you can enter your details (passwords encrypted) rather than on github as then you don't have to host it.

Some people trust self-hosted more though.

Thanked by 2MrPsycho FHR
  • imokimok Member

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

That's not a good idea for a hosting forum users.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • vovlervovler Member

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Pretty much everyone would like to self-host it

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Won't work.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@deank said:

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Won't work.

Bad idea with storing the account or with the VPS's API?

• @Jake4 said:

@deank said:

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Won't work.

@Jake4 said:

@deank said:

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Won't work.

This idea has been trialed before about a panel hosted by the developers. Nobody here wants that. Self-hosted is what people want.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Give API creds to a random stranger...what could go wrong?

Thanked by 2Clouvider Aidan
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

When it rains, it pours.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Jake4Jake4 Member
    edited June 2018

@raindog308 said:
    Give API creds to a random stranger...what could go wrong?

It can only stop, start and get the hardware information.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@Jake4 said:

@deank said:

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Won't work.

@Jake4 said:

@deank said:

@Jake4 said:

@doughmanes said:
    Toss it on Github

Bad idea. Won't work.

This idea has been trialed before about a panel hosted by the developers. Nobody here wants that. Self-hosted is what people want.

Would people really be that interested in seeing and debugging my messy PHP code?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Jake4 If it's messy and buggy that's the joy of not having closed source, people can offer improvements. If it's messy and buggy then it's probably a security risk.

• Jake4Jake4 Member
    edited June 2018

@MikeA said:
    @Jake4 If it's messy and buggy that's the joy of not having closed source, people can offer improvements. If it's messy and buggy then it's probably a security risk.

The security is fine, it's just that it's nowhere near stable enough to release as the solus API takes like 3 seconds to respond so the loading speed isn't that great while displaying information about the VPS.

• imokimok Member

This made me read the SolusVM API.

What the fuck is wrong with those developers?

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@imok said:
    This made me read the SolusVM API.

What the fuck is wrong with those developers?

There tryna stop hosts and us from ripping the main features from the API and making a panel :c

• @Jake4 said:

@MikeA said:

The security is fine, it's just that it's nowhere near stable enough to release as the solus API takes like 3 seconds to respond so the loading speed isn't that great while displaying information about the VPS.

GUI is great, is this on top of SolusVM? What could be a production use-case of this?

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@cyberpersons said:

@Jake4 said:

@MikeA said:

GUI is great, is this on top of SolusVM? What could be a production use-case of this?

It uses there client API so you can add all your NAT VPSes, Idle VPSes or VPSes from rando hosts and access it through one main panel.

• I think it looks great, could it be adapted to work with other API such as OVH without too much work?

@raindog308 said:

As a bonus, there would be a WHMCS plugin where users could click a button and receive a benchmark mailed to them.

^ You should add the above feature if possible, I would quite happily pay $7 for that :-)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Jake4 said:

@cyberpersons said:

@Jake4 said:

@MikeA said:

It uses there client API so you can add all your NAT VPSes, Idle VPSes or VPSes from rando hosts and access it through one main panel.

If you offer it as a hosted solution you will eventually have to start charging and people will have to pay to manage their IDLE VPS.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Jake4 said:

@MikeA said:

I made something just like this a couple of years ago, just add the request to a queue and process requests every minute or so (in the background via cron or similar) - then the user doesn't see the loading time.

I can share what I had with you if you'd like.

• @Jake4 said:

@MikeA said:

The security is fine.....

We will know that only if you open source the code.

• MridulMridul Member

@Jake4 said:
    Yesterday, I spent a couple of hours creating a Global SolusVM Panel that I can use to manage my Idle collection of VPSes (from a wide range of hosts). Would any of you use it if I release this publicly so you can use it or play around with it?
    Pictures:
    Homepage:

Server Management:

Add Server:

If you think it's a good Idea to release I'll finish it off more and correct some errors.

If Each Server or Servers can be separately placed under different logins. This could be very ideal for VPS resellers as well.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@kaktus>; @Mridul said:

@Jake4 said:
    Pictures:
    Homepage:

Server Management:

Add Server:

If Each Server or Servers can be separately placed under different logins. This could be very ideal for VPS resellers as well.

The only problem with that is that SolusVM doesn't allow you to reinstall the OS over the client API.

• HMRHMR Member

I guess something similar already exist: https://github.com/seikan/SolusVMController (but abit older ).