Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I run CloudLinux + All PHP Options + OpCache with Nginx?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can I run CloudLinux + All PHP Options + OpCache with Nginx?

yogeshzadeyogeshzade Member
edited June 2018 in Help

I was looking to optimize my web server which has configuration
16 CPU
32 GB RAM
2 TB SATA

I am bit confused Can I run CloudLinux + All PHP Options + OpCache with Nginx?

I am planing to install OpCache because daily I am getting 50+ mail of LFD Excessive resource usage.

I request you all members please guide me with this. Looking for your precious reply. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

LFD is shit, what is your real resource usage problem? Examine your server manually, do not leave this to some automated tools. Nginx won't do much if you don't know cause of the problem. Maybe LiteSpeed would be an option? Maybe Varnish cache would help? Investigate, learn.

Thanked by 1yogeshzade
  • @LTniger said:
    LFD is shit, what is your real resource usage problem? Examine your server manually, do not leave this to some automated tools. Nginx won't do much if you don't know cause of the problem. Maybe LiteSpeed would be an option? Maybe Varnish cache would help? Investigate, learn.

Varnish can mess all my configuration! I already faced that issue. as per you is OpCache good option to go with?

• imokimok Member

Isn't OPcache enabled by default?

• @imok said:
    Isn't OPcache enabled by default?

No! I am currently using "CloudLinux + All PHP Options + Nginx"

• imokimok Member

Then enable it.

• @imok said:
    Then enable it.

Sir my question is that Is it safe to activate OpCache with Nginx?

• imokimok Member
    edited June 2018

@yogeshzade said:
    Sir my question is that Is it safe to activate OpCache with Nginx?

OPcache -> PHP scripting

Nginx -> Web server

It's safe, unless you have any website using APC (because you should remove it).

Thanked by 1yogeshzade