Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated/VPS servers with lots of IPv4s
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated/VPS servers with lots of IPv4s

I need dedis/VPS that have a low price + have a lot of IPs, something like 1 IP per GB of RAM. I want to resell a service and every client would need a separated IP for it to work.

Comments

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

What reselling service would require this?

• endlessloopendlessloop Member
    edited June 2018

@Awmusic12635 said:
    What reselling service would require this?

I wouldn't be really reselling, but I want to sell hosting for masternodes (A masternode is a special node in some blockchains), each masternode requires a dedicated IP.https://coinsutra.com/masternodes/
    I know a lot of IPs can be abused, but they are required and I haven't been able to find a hosting that can provide IPs :p

• I see great disappointment coming your way with this request.

• mkshmksh Member

OVH

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

What's your overall budget and how many IP's are you expecting? There are still lots of hosting providers offering IP's for as cheap as $0.50 each if you have a legitimate use and justification for them.

• mkshmksh Member

@Lyphiard said:
    What's your overall budget and how many IP's are you expecting? There are still lots of hosting providers offering IP's for as cheap as $0.50 each if you have a legitimate use and justification for them.

I am not entirely sure if separate IPs are really a technical requirement for what OP wants to do but i guess he could always virtualize an OS for every client. Wouldn't incur all that much overhead and also improve security.

edited June 2018

@Lyphiard said:

I am not sure about what would my budget be because I am figuring out how to automate my server with a control panel or custom solution and it might or might not require a dedi. Post whatever you think is cheap for the type of server you are offering.

edited June 2018

@DanSummer said:
    I see great disappointment coming your way with this request.

I expect that :/

• mkshmksh Member

@endlessloop said:

@Lyphiard said:

I am not sure about what would my budget be because I am figuring out how to automate my server with a control panel or custom solution and it might or might not require a dedi. Post whatever you think is cheap for the type of server you are offering.

How does a control panel influence your choice of dedicated vs. VPS? You say you need a bout 1GB per client bur how many clients do you plan to put on a single server? How much CPU do you expect clients to use? How much can you reasonable pay per IP according to your calculation? Where do you want those servers to be? How much/what kind of disk do need?

If you can't be a least a bit more specific just go with OVH. They give out IPs at a one time fee of about $3 and aren't even going to ask you for justification.

• @mksh said:

@endlessloop said:

@Lyphiard said:

How does a control panel influence your choice of dedicated vs. VPS? You say you need a bout 1GB per client bur how many clients do you plan to put on a single server? How much CPU do you expect clients to use? How much can you reasonable pay per IP according to your calculation? Where do you want those servers to be? How much/what kind of disk do need?

If you can't be a least a bit more specific just go with OVH. They give out IPs at a one time fee of about $3 and aren't even going to ask you for justification.

OVH has a one time fee for a limited amount of IPs. I am still figuring out if I will use small VPSes or upgrade to dedicated nodes. I expect clients to use 0.15 load avg per client, it does require multiple cores when setting up a node because it processes the blockchain. I don't have a location preference. I need HDD servers (It varies a lot depending on the blockchain but maybe max 20gb per client?) So 2TB?

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@endlessloop said:

@mksh said:

@endlessloop said:

@Lyphiard said:

I expect clients to use 0.15 load avg per client

Load is relative to the CPU it is measured on so on it's own it doesn't say a whole lot.

I need HDD servers (It varies a lot depending on the blockchain but maybe max 20gb per client?) So 2TB?

So at 20gb you are expecting a bout 100 clients on the node? I don't know but if what you are running is in any way IO hungry HDDs might not be all that ideal.

Edit: Also what's your estimate on traffic use?

• williewillie Member

I don't have a sense of your application but it sounds infrastructure-ish enough that maybe you could use ipv6?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

If you need £200k to run a masternode why would anyone bother with a VPS?

• mkshmksh Member

@Clouvider said:

I guess it depends on the coin. Fair point though running these usually takes a somewhat substancial investment in the first place. I think OP is aiming for non technical users wanting to speculate on these things so they wouldn't know the difference anyways and it's just a question of what his margin can support.

• @Clouvider said:

There are masternodes that cost less than $100, and people pay for hosting services. People also pay for a long time because they are earning money from their masternode, so they aren't going to stop paying.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1endlessloop
  • @willie said:
    I don't have a sense of your application but it sounds infrastructure-ish enough that maybe you could use ipv6?

I thought about that too but coins don't support IPv6 :/