Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arubacloud Location Roulette - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Arubacloud Location Roulette

124»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

And impending disaster 180 days after BF deals.

• @deank said:

Wait... what happens then?

• but their czech site still mention 1 euro though, https://www.forpsi.com/virtual/

• @creep said:
    but their czech site still mention 1 euro though, https://www.forpsi.com/virtual/

I managed to purchase from there, anyway it is 1,21 and not 1 euro as they charge tax

• @msallak1 said:

@creep said:
    but their czech site still mention 1 euro though, https://www.forpsi.com/virtual/

I managed to purchase from there, anyway it is 1,21 and not 1 euro as they charge tax

and how about the VPS? random location?

• @creep said:

@msallak1 said:

@creep said:

Yes it is still random location vps, mine was deployed in France.

• @msallak1 said:

@creep said:

@msallak1 said:

@creep said:

By the way, I've just noticed that not only the Czech site but also the Polish, Slovak, and Hungarian sites still offer the 1€ + VAT price for random-location assignment.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@default said:

@deank said:

Wait... what happens then?

Can't dispute in either paypal or CC, so hosts will ditch'em.

Since some deals will be either yearly or even 3-year deals...., profit!

• @angstrom said:

@msallak1 said:

@creep said:

@msallak1 said:

@creep said:

By the way, I've just noticed that not only the Czech site but also the Polish, Slovak, and Hungarian sites still offer the 1€ + VAT price for random-location assignment.

I can't get to see it. Do I need to have another account, one created on Forpsi?

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

angstrom said: I suspect

they're killing it, no way back (quirks on other portals are meant to be updated soon®)

• @default said:

@angstrom said:

@msallak1 said:

@creep said:

@msallak1 said:

@creep said:

I can't get to see it. Do I need to have another account, one created on Forpsi?

Yes, I think so. It seems that every ArubaCloud site has its own database.

• @mfs said:

they're killing it, no way back (quirks on other portals are meant to be updated soon®)

And by pointing it out to them you made them kill it even faster.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Yura said:

@mfs said:

Yeah, bravo!

• @Yura said:

@mfs said:

I guess it is time everybody get their hands on some servers before they update other websites.

• The advantage of the Slovak site is that you can pay directly in euros.

• On polish site it's even cheaper. 4.00 PLN = 0.93 EUR + 23% VAT

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Yura said: And by pointing it out to them you made them kill it even faster.

You're overly estimating Italian orchestration capabilities starting from findings that agent wouldn't care at all to report to anyone, soon® = sometimes in 2020 when some upper management guy discovers the quirk on his own
    Unless someone doesn't contact forpsi etc directly...

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2018

@mfs said: Yura said: And by pointing it out to them you made them kill it even faster.

You're overly estimating Italian orchestration capabilities starting from findings that agent wouldn't care at all to report to anyone, soon® = sometimes in 2020 when some upper management guy discovers the quirk on his own
    Unless someone doesn't contact forpsi etc directly...

Yeah, you're right. (I was joking above with "Yeah, bravo!" :smile: )

By the way, it doesn't seem like an accident that all of the East European sites still show the 1€ price. I don't think that this was "overlooked" -- it was intentional. But it may change at any time.

(There's a view that East Europeans have less disposable income than West Europeans.)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

angstrom said: By the way, it doesn't seem like an accident that all of the East European sites still show the 1€ price. I don't think that this was "overlooked" -- it was intentional.
    (There's a view that East Europeans have less disposable income than West Europeans.)

The Italian site never ever displayed the 1€ promo... so it's a kind of a habit for them to apply double standards

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I do not wish to be greedy on their services, because computing power is getting cheaper and cheaper as time passes, so more offers from other providers will follow in the future.

I wish to thank Arubacloud for this offer given so far, knowing 1 GB of RAM was hard to provide at 1Euro/Month(+VAT). I liked their effort.

Personally, I wish to live forever, just to see what future brings.

• Thanks Arubacloud. We love you.

• I have Czechia 1€ VPS. Very nice working

• XeiXei Member
    edited October 2018

ArubaCloud has a pretty horrible design / system. Their servers are just just ok but not worth dealing with their panel / setup for me.

• @Xei said:
    ArubaCloud has a pretty horrible design / system. Their servers are just just ok but not worth dealing with their panel / setup for me.

ok, it's not SolusVm but there will be at most at dozen buttons, it's not a spaceship.
    I don't understand why so many people struggle to use that control panel.

• @Xei said:

Why would you use their panel after you deployed your vm? I only use it every 6 months to prepay my 1 euro vm.

• ... even less if you use auto-topup. I use 2 euro for 3-4 vms. Lets me drop any 2 any time.

• XeiXei Member
    edited October 2018

They lacked network consistency but I didn't use their 1 euro VPS either. If you are using the 1 euro VPS then what you get is good for the money.