Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend me a VPS for SEO tools
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend me a VPS for SEO tools

SomesaySomesay Member
edited August 2011 in Help

I can’t seem to find a good vps to run my seo tools on. I need a windows vps with 512 mb ram or more and unlimited bandwidth. Not to mention they are open to me running tools such as scrapebox and of course this would not effect the ip’s reputation because I would use a vpn as well. And no I don’t expect to pay $5 for all this, but I am looking for a reasonable price.

Thank you

Comments

• I thing you'll not found any provider allowed that here. check wjunction.com

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited August 2011

why would he not find anybody here i use a vps on our linux nodes that runs seo tools (senuke stuff and spyglass) however he has got a point of the price ram needs and the fact you need windows budget is abit low in my opinion.

• sorry just seen you "dont expect to pay $5" should learn to read before posting sorry :)

• my budget is $20 or less.

• I think your best bet would be to ask on a SEO forum. Please kindly remember that many of the folks here are providers and frown on this sort of abuse.

Insert standard reply that there's no such thing as unlimited anything as well.

• ztecztec Member

You can ask it on blackhatteam.org - or you just look for a windows box here ;]

• blackhatteam.org

Not that we know about those sites of course. Oh no, not us.

:whistle:

• Why would anyone want to help you comment spam and post your garbage all over peoples forums?

• @justinb because ethics is something lacking with some of the folks around here?

• @justinb because i'm a nice guy and i'm not posting garbage i'm trying to educate people with my comments.

• Then there shouldn't be any issue with posting in the clear from your home IP address. Right?

• well i would gladly use my home ip. but i have a slower internet connection and computer for other things than just scrapebox. vps is the perfect solution allowing me just to set scrapebox and let it run without messing with my connection. its my mission to educate everyone i can, and scrapebox is helping me do just that.

• Somesay said: well i would gladly use my home ip. but i have a slower internet connection and computer for other things than just scrapebox. vps is the perfect solution allowing me just to set scrapebox and let it run without messing with my connection. its my mission to educate everyone i can, and scrapebox is helping me do just that.

This is the funniest post I have ever read.

• ztecztec Member

As long as stuff like blackhat SEO works, it will still be used. You could ask yourself why google keep it in business. I use article marketing myself, only to post my articles in different directories without having to spend hours doing it myself. Posting comments and threads for backlinks I never considered, seems like a bad time anyway. .gov and .edu backlinks are so much better ;)

• @ztec,

As long as stuff like blackhat SEO works, it will still be used.

Agreed but that doesn't mean it's happening on my boxes. :)

.gov and .edu backlinks are so much better

Cutts says that's a myth.

http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Webmaster_Help/web/q-a-from-the-3rd-live-chat-oct-2008?pli=1

TylerDee, TX: Are .gov and .edu back links still considered more "link juice" than the common back link?
    Matt Cutts: This is a common misconception--you don't get any PageRank boost from having an .edu link or .gov link automatically. Hah John, I beat you to it! If you get an .edu link and no one is linking to that .edu page, you're not going to get any PageRank at all because that .edu page doesn't have any PageRank.
    JohnMu: We generally treat all links the same - be it from .gov or .edu or .info sites.

There's a video tooo but I can't get youtube to load without crashing the browser.

• ztecztec Member

I had big succes from just .edu and .gov links, is that just by accident because they were pageranked well?

Anyway, if I'm renting a VPS from any provider I assume nobody is spamming scrapebox on it aswell.

• ztec said: I had big succes from just .edu and .gov links, is that just by accident because they were pageranked well?

That has nothing to do with the fact that they are edu or gov. People tend to link to .edu above other sites, which gives them PR. That's it.