Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Report bad experience in vmhaus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Report bad experience in vmhaus

arjunnadararjunnadar Member
edited June 2018 in Reviews

First pic:
https://mega.nz/#!raolVSTJ!06MSktwU_HPEKVs-mNwyCzOfr9wU9UKKs64ZHuOW5zc

Second and third pic:
https://mega.nz/#!iOYS3b5J!K7Pnh1189jr7WVDAeQ2Cal-07QPqtAzhRHothwXFpoQ

https://mega.nz/#!jPpxgJ6A!XkpzYphElnzuc2GzC9LLBpDqm5nLOUnxOencfSypERE

(Note:needn't download,can read online.)

I report these pictures of ticket records,I don't want to get anything,only want to say,if seller changes something as they like and fool us,it's foolish

Comments

• shellshell Member

remind me an idle vm from vmhaus

• yes,mine is idle too

• quickquick Member

Kim, is this you?

Thanked by 1imok
  • mkshmksh Member

Bad experience in tha house!

• @quick said:
    Kim, is this you?

no,this is not Kim

• Pretty shitty from Vmhaus, Cant just change things on the spot.

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

Since GFW is blocking IPv4 addresses used for proxy more aggressively than before.

I think charging user for changing IP address is okay. Not all providers have as many IPv4 addresses as AWS, Azure.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Irrelevant to what was mentioned above.

aveline said: Not all providers have as many IPv4 addresses as AWS, Azure.

I bet neither Azure nor AWS would change your IP based on this justification.

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

@Clouvider

There's no need to change IP address via ticket in most hourly billing public cloud providers.

You only need to release and allocate a new EIP to your instance. Perhaps that's why lots of IP addresses belonging to Vultr, Linode and DigitalOcean are blocked by GFW.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@aveline said:
    @Clouvider

There's no need to change IP address via ticket in most hourly billing public cloud providers.

You only need to release and allocate a new EIP to your instance. Perhaps that's why lots of IP addresses belonging to Vultr, Linode and DigitalOcean are blocked by GFW.

So I’m this case, my understanding is, the Customer bought an annual instance in lieu of a hefty discount. The service is tremendously cheaper than AWS as well. I’m not going to discuss policies here and the situation at hand, I’m only saying that you can’t compare apples with bananas.

• dynamodynamo Member
    edited June 2018

Whether the justification for IP change is valid or invalid, that is irrelevant here. They blatantly LIED to the customer. That itself is telling for a review.

• kbapkbap Member

Tagging @vmhaus

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dynamo said:
    Whether the justification for IP change is valid or invalid, that is irrelevant here. They blatantly LIED to the customer. That itself is telling for a review.

Or they really did change their policy between the first ticket and 1st June.

I sympathize with the OP's situation, but it also seems very generous of a provider to simply assign a new IP address every time that GFW blocks a particular IP address, especially on such a bargain plan.

Maybe @vmhaus will say more.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@angstrom said:

@dynamo said:

I sympathize with the OP's situation, but it also seems very generous of a provider to simply assign a new IP address every time that GFW blocks a particular IP address, especially on such a bargain plan.

It is generous, but they did agree to it with the customer. If they did change their policy, you'd hope it was announced somewhere. Will wait to hear from them.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@iKeyZ said:

@angstrom said:

@dynamo said:

It is generous, but they did agree to it with the customer. If they did change their policy, you'd hope it was announced somewhere. Will wait to hear from them.

It was probably an unadvertised practice. I mean, probably no provider will openly state that they're willing to assign a new IP address for free every time GFW blocks a particular IP. They may sometimes do it on a case-by-case basis, but they very likely won't advertise it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I don't usually change IP's because they have been blocked by GFW, I have been known to make exceptions for long term clients that have had the same IP for a long time, however if I said I would do something I would at least honor that until the end of the paid for term especially as the customer asked in advance of purchase and made the purchase based on the confirmation.

That said, if you are buying it primarily as a proxy and buying a yearly package.. that's just not a good idea, buy monthly, if it gets blocked, buy another one and cancel the blocked one, simple.

Maybe this is vmhaus turning away from the lowend and budget China market in which case they maybe feel they have to enforce it.

Thanked by 3Aidan iKeyZ varunchopra
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Only real question here is how this was advertised. At the time of sale if the TOS contains ip swap statement or if it was advertised as part of campaign, provider should do a swap of IPs however provider have full right to change TOS at any time.

That being said if the terms are significantly different than advertised at the time of a sale if asked provider should break the contract and potentially refund the client. Refund can be denied if you did abuse of resources or if you have consumed all associated traffic. That again is for discussion with your provider.

• GFW is blocking IP like crazy these days. The IP still could get ping, but all ports are blocked. It's not convenient to test whether IP is blocked now.
    Some provider charge per IP change or a fixed fee for unlimited change per year, that's understandable.

• 4 months is plenty of time for a policy to change. Probably would have been nice to be notified, or have been linked an article explaining the change, considering you specifically asked about this policy beforehand.

Also, apples and bananas are both fruits. One is round, one is long. Boom comparison.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hi all,

Appreciate the concerns here - past week or so we’ve seen a significant rise in the GFW banning our IPs and IP ranges - we’ve tried our best to accommodate our customers inside mainland China in the past and we plan to do the same going forward.

We’ve never advertised IP changes, it was more something we’d offer if the case did arise - however, going forward we’ll honor (1) free IP change for previous current customers - this was a bad move on our part and we apologise. New customers will be done on a case-by-case basis depending on account history.

• How does China find IP to block?
    Do they use some kind of DB to find the IP owner and block it?
    Or do they block the ip because users are using standard ssh or vpn port (they can detect it) ?

• @greattomeetyou said:
    How does China find IP to block?
    Do they use some kind of DB to find the IP owner and block it?
    Or do they block the ip because users are using standard ssh or vpn port (they can detect it) ?

They scan and use DPI to analyse traffic. I’m fairly certain that the GFW can detect non-obfuscated VPNs pretty quickly, but the firewall can “learn” when new technologies are used.

Side note: if you’re constantly sending traffic to a single server, they’ll probably get suspicious and ban the IP

• @vmhaus said:
    Hi all,

Appreciate the concerns here - past week or so we’ve seen a significant rise in the GFW banning our IPs and IP ranges - we’ve tried our best to accommodate our customers inside mainland China in the past and we plan to do the same going forward.

We’ve never advertised IP changes, it was more something we’d offer if the case did arise - however, going forward we’ll honor (1) free IP change for previous current customers - this was a bad move on our part and we apologise. New customers will be done on a case-by-case basis depending on account history.

Don't cheat us,your vmhaus still can't keep your promise

• arjunnadararjunnadar Member
    edited November 2018

Hello,folks,needn't comment here,I found vmhaus account now was disabled.Sorry trouble here

• Rather than create another thread. I'll add that I have a vm that's offline and won't start, entirely my fault I ran out of credit in the account. Added credit and now it won't start. Anyway still no answer to any tickets. Terrible service.

• @carp969 said:
    Rather than create another thread. I'll add that I have a vm that's offline and won't start, entirely my fault I ran out of credit in the account. Added credit and now it won't start. Anyway still no answer to any tickets. Terrible service.

Sooo how long did you wait on an answer before posting this?

• 24 hours. What would you consider a resonable amount of time?

• 7 days.

• @pike said:
    7 days. A week.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

In other word, eternity for the guy who asked.

Thanked by 1eol