Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.9.6 Launched - Inbuilt Hourly Billing, Webuzo, CEPH, User Plans, etc - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.9.6 Launched - Inbuilt Hourly Billing, Webuzo, CEPH, User Plans, etc

2»

Comments

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Keep up the good work. If we hadn't build our own inhouse control panel we would go with virtualizor for sure.

• @virtualizor said:
    Proxmox is free. Virtualizor gives you the possibility to give end-users a panel via proxmox. Some of our clients wanted the ability to manage it via virtualizor. We added it as we saw a market for us.

So, does this work when you already have VMs running on Proxmox or should this be done with a clean install?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Good job! Congrats on getting this far! Surely even the last solus keepers will consider leaving now :P

• @jaypeesmith said:

@virtualizor said:
    Proxmox is free. Virtualizor gives you the possibility to give end-users a panel via proxmox. Some of our clients wanted the ability to manage it via virtualizor. We added it as we saw a market for us.

So, does this work when you already have VMs running on Proxmox or should this be done with a clean install?

As of now an import function is still in development for proxmox vms

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2018

MikePT said: @William, thoughts about Ceph? What's your honest opinion?

We have a few 100TB private of it and a few PB at work, has issues but is pretty much the best usable distributed system at this time. It's nowadays either Ceph (especially if you want S3 access anyway) or Infiniband if you need DMA/more speed/custom protocols.

AWS S3 should be if i remember that meeting right, be based on a very custom ceph system as well.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • R.I.P SolusVM 2-6-2018. You did well ‘til 2016

Thanked by 2BlaZe MrPsycho
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

virtualizor said: Proxmox is free. Virtualizor gives you the possibility to give end-users a panel via proxmox. Some of our clients wanted the ability to manage it via virtualizor. We added it as we saw a market for us.

What is the price model for that? Do you count vms in proxmox as pricing model per vps in virtualizor (e.g. 5 lxc instances in proxmox are count as 5 vps in virtualizor, aka, 5$/m)?
    Also, if there is a cluster of nodes that being controlled from proxmox in a single node, can virtualizor control all of the nodes in the 1st node installation? If yes, what is the price model?
    Thanks

• Wow. So great. This is a good news for users.

• @jvnadr said:

[virtualizor said] to(/discussion/comment/2789477/#Comment_2789477): Proxmox is free. Virtualizor gives you the possibility to give end-users a panel via proxmox. Some of our clients wanted the ability to manage it via virtualizor. We added it as we saw a market for us.

What is the price model for that? Do you count vms in proxmox as pricing model per vps in virtualizor (e.g. 5 lxc instances in proxmox are count as 5 vps in virtualizor, aka, 5$/m)?
    Also, if there is a cluster of nodes that being controlled from proxmox in a single node, can virtualizor control all of the nodes in the 1st node installation? If yes, what is the price model?
    Thanks

Each VM is counted. You need to pay per host node in the cluster. The pricing per host node is listed here :
    https://virtualizor.com/pricing

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • BruceBruce Member
    edited June 2018

The best way to test virtualizor is to install a trial

Current Version 2.9.5

Current Patch Number 5

Latest Version 2.9.5

Latest Patch number No New Patch Available

There are no new updates. Your Server is running the latest VIRTUALIZOR Version.

• edited June 2018

@Bruce said:

The best way to test virtualizor is to install a trial

Current Version 2.9.5

Current Patch Number 5

Latest Version 2.9.5

Latest Patch number No New Patch Available

There are no new updates. Your Server is running the latest VIRTUALIZOR Version.

seem like you're in stable release,
    change version to beta release, then you will get everything update first

Thanked by 1Bruce
  • BruceBruce Member

The Billing Panel is free during the Beta stage and will be chargeable when it becomes stable.

how much ?

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@Bruce said:

The Billing Panel is free during the Beta stage and will be chargeable when it becomes stable.

how much ?

My interpretation of that was that they meant there was no way to actually charge people for the resources they use as there is no payment gateways integrated into Virtualizor yet so it's just talking about charging the end user.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@virtualizor said:

I installed a fresh Virtualizor but can't find hourly billing.

Also can you improve UI?

• @Bruce said:

how much ?

If we do decide to charge for it, the price will be anywhere between $2-5/month. But there is no plans as of now

@DewlanceVPS said:

@virtualizor said:

I installed a fresh Virtualizor but can't find hourly billing.

Also can you improve UI?

You will have to shift to the release branch. Please do so from Master settings -> Update setting.

Regards

• TomTom Member

DewlanceVPS said: Also can you improve UI?

>

Very descriptive...

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • LeviLevi Member

virtualizor said: The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor

A bit off-topic question, but still: are you worried about SolusVM ownership change to Plesk? Plesk devs are monsters and they will try to eliminate you as a potential competitor.

• @LTniger said:

virtualizor said: The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor

A bit off-topic question, but still: are you worried about SolusVM ownership change to Plesk? Plesk devs are monsters and they will try to eliminate you as a potential competitor.

No we are not worried. I see a lot of conflict of interest here. Let's see how things turn out.for them. We are focused on our product which has grown considerably in the past 18 months.

Thanked by 1Wolveix

@LTniger said:
    Plesk devs are monsters and they will try to eliminate you as a potential competitor.

Softaculous is Dragon.

• LeviLevi Member

DewlanceVPS said: Softaculous is Dragon.

They are from India :) no racism, but they are far from "dragons" ...

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @LTniger said:

I have clearly no idea how any country comes to define that

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • LeviLevi Member

jetchirag said: I have clearly no idea how any country comes to define that

Chinese? :D

@LTniger said:

I know because of I am also from India, I mean that Softaculous is strong. They can fight with competitors.

• LTniger said: Chinese? :D

Umm, chinese what?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2018

LTniger said: but they are far from "dragons

are they elephants ?

Thanked by 1Levi
  • LeviLevi Member

DewlanceVPS said: I mean that Softaculous is strong

Are you a sane person to compare Canada company and India company in terms of software quality? :O don't do that...

@LTniger said:
    Are you a sane person to compare Canada company and India company in terms of software quality? :O don't do that...

I am not comparing them ;)

Don't assume that Dragon = China. Softaculous is not a new company. Plesk can't eat them. Softaculous is not a burger.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Why should a software company from india necessarily be worse than from Canada?

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited June 2018

@Ympker said:
    Why should a software company from india necessarily be worse than from Canada?

Cauz

:) no racism

And yet, you are judging quality of a 'software' based on birth-place/location of developers?

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • LeviLevi Member

jetchirag said: You are judging quality of a 'software' based on birth-place/location of developers?

More on culture.