Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looks like Kimsufi prices have dropped
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looks like Kimsufi prices have dropped

wilbowilbo Member

Is it just my bad memory or have the prices on all Kimsufi servers dropped?

Thanked by 2hanoi inklight

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Looks like you missed yesterday’s excitement...

Thanked by 1pike
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Old news...

• wilbowilbo Member

Sorry, I looked on the 1st page and didn't see anything.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

There is a bug on https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/145601/new-kimsufi-new-dedicated-servers-lower-prices-on-all-servers topic. Topic should be in first results but today's comments aren't taking into account.

• @ninzo59 said: Topic should be in first results but today's comments aren't taking into account

It is set to sink as it is the "Offers" category. Maybe one of the mods could move/change it if appropriate.

Thanked by 1inklight

@nullnothere said:

@ninzo59 said: Topic should be in first results but today's comments aren't taking into account

It is set to sink as it is the "Offers" category. Maybe one of the mods could move/change it if appropriate.

It had been moved to "offers" by a moderator when I created the topic.. I don't see the reason, because that's not an offer.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited June 2018

@ninzo59 said:

@nullnothere said:

@ninzo59 said: Topic should be in first results but today's comments aren't taking into account

It had been moved to "offers" by a moderator when I created the topic.. I don't see the reason, because that's not an offer.

When a provider lists a whole bunch of servers and their prices - it looks like an offer to me... so I moved it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, you selling stuff for money, even on reduced price, its still an offer.

Next time, post it on twitter, wait on LET until a user opens a thread, and comment on that.

I am sure, they wont put that on sink.

@MasonR said:

@ninzo59 said:

@nullnothere said:

When a provider lists a whole bunch of servers and their prices - it looks like an offer to me... so I moved it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does that explain the reason why today's comments aren't taking into account in the home list ?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@ninzo59 said:

@MasonR said:

@ninzo59 said:

@nullnothere said:

Does that explain the reason why today's comments aren't taking into account in the home list ?

Yes, that's default behavior for any thread in the 'offers' category. New comments won't bump the topic to the top of the list.

@MasonR said:

@ninzo59 said:

@MasonR said:

@ninzo59 said:

@nullnothere said:

Yes, that's default behavior for any thread in the 'offers' category. New comments won't bump the topic to the top of the list.

Oh thats unfortunate. Thanks for the info.

• What's there to discuss anyway? Prices have dropped.. good to know.

• But bandwidth still 100mbps :(

• Shot2Shot2 Member

and IPv6 still a meager /128 "subnet" (lolilol)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

and they're still out of the $4.99 one every time you check unless your heart is pure.

• raindog308 said: and they're still out of the $4.99 one every time you check unless your heart is pure.

...suspiciously similar to how Vultr is permanently out of the $2.50...

• jammyjammy Member

@raindog308 said:
    and they're still out of the $4.99 one every time you check unless your heart is pure.

Good thing there's sites that automatically check for you and let you know ;)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

@raindog308 said:

It is in stock, multiple times a week, but the timeframes, you need to catch them.

Often its less then 5 minutes, so yea.

Refreshing the page a few times a day will not make it.

Also you can "autobuy" it over the API.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Perhaps a merge is in order :-)?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jiggawattz said: ...suspiciously similar to how Vultr is permanently out of the $2.50...

It's exactly the same. Only the pure of heart may purchase.

Speaking of which...ahem...it shows available here. You should go to the desert wearing only a hair shirt and eat nothing but locusts for 40 days. Then hit reload.

• williewillie Member
    edited June 2018

I bumped the other thread by temporarily unsinking it and posting to it. Not sure of the idea of a merge. I think the 1-time bump was ok given the amount of community discussion of the topic across the two threads, but I'm reluctant to do a longer unsink since it's not that momentous an announcement. On the other hand, this current thread is a normal unsunk discussion. So merging the two threads would lead to a permanently unsunk offer thread (probably not good) or else having this thread sink (not so good either).

• sinsin Member

jiggawattz said: Vultr is permanently out of the $2.50

I almost always see them available? They're also instock right now.

• williewillie Member

sin said: I almost always see them available? They're also instock right now.

Unless something has changed, they're always out of stock everywhere except Miami and NJ.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk19

Loading, please wait...

Three browsers. Guess that's that. Not meant to be.

• nullnothere said: It is set to sink as it is the "Offers" category.

@ninzo59

Why no one think to add follow feature on this forum , it's not vBulletin 3.4 era

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • fxffxf Member
    edited June 2018

@jarland said:
    https://www.kimsufi.com/us/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk19

Loading, please wait...

Three browsers. Guess that's that. Not meant to be.

Make that four.

Nevermind, just three.

• Looks like Kimsufi prices have increased? The price today is definitely higher than yesterday?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

levnode said: Looks like Kimsufi prices have increased? The price today is definitely higher than yesterday?

Seems the same for me. Which server do you mean, and price before/after?