Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to host my data? Seeking privacy-minded VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to host my data? Seeking privacy-minded VPS

2»

Comments

• @mksh said:

@ehhthing said:
    Do you really think that any government agency would want to look into your stuff? They have many better things to do I'd think.

Of course they won't. They just scrape it and store it indefinitely to see if their analysis tools can extract anything interesting somewhere in the future which might very well be a false positive since as you said noone is actually going to look at it.

The amount of storage they need to do that is infinitely expensive.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited June 2018

@ehhthing said:

@mksh said:

@ehhthing said:
    Do you really think that any government agency would want to look into your stuff? They have many better things to do I'd think.

Of course they won't. They just scrape it and store it indefinitely to see if their analysis tools can extract anything interesting somewhere in the future which might very well be a false positive since as you said noone is actually going to look at it.

The amount of storage they need to do that is infinitely expensive.

Sadly not expensive enough. Sorry, this is 2018. The days of technology not being advanced enough to support whatever horrible shit people want it to do are long gone. Big data baby. What can go wrong?

Or to put it another way. When google manages to have pretty much the whole internet available at subsecond latencies do you really think your tiny bit of personal data is any kind of challenge?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Let him be. In order to join the cool kidz club, one has to do this.