Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

super cheap linux server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

super cheap linux server

2»

Comments

• agh620agh620 Member

somewhatwindy said: Some distros are fine with just 128 MB of RAM. Make your research, and choose a good quality provider, such as this one.

if i find distros are fine with just 128 mb ram
    All Ram is occupied
    are there any distros that use 64 MB of ram?

• agh620 said: if i find distros are fine with just 128 mb ram All Ram is occupied are there any distros that use 64 MB of ram?

Mzungunix runs fine on just 64 MB of RAM. You only need 100 MB of disk space, so you can have 156 MB of swap.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2018

@stefeman said:
    Neoon gives out free servers.. apply for one :p

I never claimed such.

They cost after 3 months.

• mkshmksh Member

@agh620 said:

somewhatwindy said: Some distros are fine with just 128 MB of RAM. Make your research, and choose a good quality provider, such as this one.

if i find distros are fine with just 128 mb ram
    All Ram is occupied
    are there any distros that use 64 MB of ram?

This is OVZ. Little RAM will be actually used by the OS as long as you go for a minimal template that doesn't install a ton of useless daemons by default.

Is Debian Wheezy EOL by now? If not this would likely be your best choice.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Neoon said:

@stefeman said:
    Neoon gives out free servers.. apply for one :p

I never claimed such.

They cost after 3 months.

Go and apply for a provider tag then and waiting for your deals

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@FAT32 said:

Well, if you startup a company, you wont offer any or just a small amount of deals, since you want to make profit fast as possible.

I do not want to end up like GalaxyHostPlus.

But even then, I am not going to offer any VPS, the profit margin is like to low and the time you need to invest is to high.

You need something more simple, which consumes a lot of time at the start, but afterwards it consumes just a little. And gives you a lot in return.

• mkshmksh Member

@stefeman said:
    Googled what you can buy with the high valued dollar.

To clarify ; 1 US Dollar = approximately 43.000Rials (The formal currency) / 4.300 Tomans (The daily Iranian currency). You will be able to buy things below:

5- A Snickers bar

7- 3 or 4 Eggs

If thats very expensive, how do you even have a computer? Or smartphone to use telegram?

So after fees OP basically wants to send a provider about 10 eggs or 3 whole and a half eaten snickers bars for unmetered bandwidth? I totally see how this going to work out...

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Neoon said:

@FAT32 said:

Well, if you startup a company, you wont offer any or just a small amount of deals, since you want to make profit fast as possible.

I do not want to end up like GalaxyHostPlus.

But even then, I am not going to offer any VPS, the profit margin is like to low and the time you need to invest is to high.

You need something more simple, which consumes a lot of time at the start, but afterwards it consumes just a little. And gives you a lot in return.

>

I mean, offering personally like Cam as an individual. Or just like how Ant and Mihko offer NAT VPS with very little to negative profit. Mainly to help others.

• agh620agh620 Member
    edited May 2018

@somewhatwindy said:

agh620 said: if i find distros are fine with just 128 mb ram All Ram is occupied are there any distros that use 64 MB of ram?

Mzungunix runs fine on just 64 MB of RAM. You only need 100 MB of disk space, so you can have 156 MB of swap.

i asked my friends and they said it was not possible with 128 MB ram
    they said i can make PPTP on 128 mb ram
    are there any free trial server with 128 MB ram that i test mtproto proxy on it?

• mkshmksh Member

@agh620 said:
    are there any free trial server with 128 MB ram that i test mtproto proxy on it?

Qemu/virtualbox.

• CdoeCdoe Member

Why do you need 1Gbit unmetered for telegram proxy?

100mbit for 4 people should be more than enough. It's hard to max that out in EU using mobile providers, why would you need more in third world country?

• did you got drunk?

• solufsoluf Member

@yamamoto thanks somehow I missed that thread

@agh620 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Za1nZa1n Member

Thats impossiable. 1-2G ram is not exsist if you just paid for $4.

• solufsoluf Member
    edited July 2018

Even on hourly cloud vps with 2h per day, 250 days in a year, I don't think he can get as low as he wanted.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2018

@vovler said:
    Highly recommend mzunguhosting, top quality service, good worldwide peering

The internet is fast my man :P

• https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/149123/vps-cheaper-than-your-coffee-2-year-vps-pennsylvania-canada-germany-bulgaria-finland/p1

$4/yr but you need to come down your ridiculous price you want to pay. Pay more or lower your standards.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2018

lower your ram requirement. (mrvm, lowendspirit are good since assigned port numbers would be high and random)

https://github.com/TelegramMessenger/MTProxy/issues/87