Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap 16GB Xeon Unmanaged Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap 16GB Xeon Unmanaged Dedicated Server

KarmirithKarmirith Member
edited May 2018 in Requests

VZ Type: I want the whole thing (just not shipped to my house)

Number of Cores: 4

RAM: 16GB

Disk Space: 500GB

Disk Type: SATA

Bandwidth: 1 or 2 TB (I'm not picky)

Port Speed: 1GBPS

DDoS Protection: Yes

Number of IPs: 2

Location: I live in Utah, preferably West Coast, though I think I get a pretty good connection to the East Coast.

Budget: $50/month

Billing period: Monthly

This server is mostly going to be used as a gaming server for either two ArmA 3 servers or two Squad servers. As well as a Teamspeak server (if ArmA 3)

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

QuickPacket ( @qps ) and QuadraNet ( @QuadraNet_Adam ) will likely be the cheapest out that way. Though might still be a bit above your budget

Thanked by 2qps Karmirith
  • @MasonR, would you recommend having Dual CPU's or a Single CPU?

@Karmirith said:
    @MasonR, would you recommend having Dual CPU's or a Single CPU?

For game servers, you'll want powerful single CPUs over less powerful (per core) dual CPUs. Any E3 should suffice depending on how many people you'll be loading into the servers.

Thanked by 1Karmirith
  • @MasonR said:

@Karmirith said:

For game servers, you'll want powerful single CPUs over less powerful (per core) dual CPUs. Any E3 should suffice depending on how many people you'll be loading into the servers.

I made some edits, do you think maybe Dacentec (if I can get a decent connection to the east coast) would be fine as they have some pretty cheap E3's compared to some places.

@Karmirith said:

@MasonR said:

@Karmirith said:

I made some edits, do you think maybe Dacentec (if I can get a decent connection to the east coast) would be fine as they have some pretty cheap E3's compared to some places.

They're okay. They are a common budget provider around here and have a pretty good rep.

Although, if you are now considering East Coast and have a $50/mo cap, then I'd recommend just going with SoYouStart's GAME-1 server in BHS, Canada (pretty much Montreal). They have pretty good connectivity and network. The main benefit of going with them is getting a high clocked i7 processor (perfect for game servers as they're all mostly single-threaded) and have DDoS protection specifically configured for game servers.

I have a SYS server in Canada and use it for game servers as well. We have some players out on the West Coast, but are mostly East Coast/EU so you'll have to do some ping tests to make sure it's a good fit for you and your playerbase.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2018

@Karmirith said:

We provide Instant Dedicated Servers in Chicago, Toronto, Miami, LA, Frankfurt

E3-1265Lv3, 16GB, 120GB SSD or 1TB HDD, IPMI, 200M unmetered - started from $49/mo.
    No setup fees. Month to month.
    https://gthost.com/instant-servers/

You can heck ping and traceroute https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

@GTHost said:

@Karmirith said:

We provide Instant Dedicated Servers in Chicago, Toronto, Miami, LA, Frankfurt

E3-1265Lv3, 16GB, 120GB SSD or 1TB HDD, IPMI, 200M unmetered - started from $49/mo.
    No setup fees. Month to month.
    https://gthost.com/instant-servers/

You can heck ping and traceroute https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

Your prices start from $59/mo unless I'm missing something. Also, do any of your locations have DDoS protection?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@Karmirith QuickPacket has E3-1270 for $40 or E3-1270v2 for $45 in Los Angeles, but that does not include DDoS filtering. DDoS filtering is an additional $25.

Thanked by 1Karmirith
  • msg7086msg7086 Member

Had good experience with quickpacket. Maybe you can try BuyVM's DDoS GRE if you want cheaper DDoS protection -- no guarantee from me tho.

Thanked by 1qps
  • @qps said:
    @Karmirith QuickPacket has E3-1270 for $40 or E3-1270v2 for $45 in Los Angeles, but that does not include DDoS filtering. DDoS filtering is an additional $25.

I'll take it, but I don't see that offer on your site? PM me details please.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Karmirith said: I'll take it, but I don't see that offer on your site? PM me details please.

Here is the offer: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1713442

Thanked by 1Karmirith
  • KarmirithKarmirith Member
    edited May 2018

Disregard

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

@MasonR said:

Your prices start from $59/mo unless I'm missing something. Also, do any of your locations have DDoS protection?

$49/mo servers are very popular, but we regularly add the servers. We don't offer ddos filtering.

• I think I may have found one, and it's going to be QuickPacket, as they seem to be the cheapest, with everything I'm needing. Thank you all for the suggestions.